Invalid: Klonoa 2 + SPU clash .... round XXX >_< .. ding ding...
What kind of forums have you been visiting? Even assuming certain version of DirectX comes with a bug it is quickly corrected because you can't revert DirectX back.

Besides, updating directX is not an option. It keeps backward compatibility meaning a program developed under it's latest SDK can't run with older runtime. Still updating it is not your issue since couldn't play DirectX at all without doing it already. but is possible it becoming corrupt and needing reinstall... whatever, is not the case here.

But now is SPUX-2 working? I'm not sure to have understood what you mean. If is the case what did you do? just the reinstall in a completely clean directory? I hope that's the case, otherwise it means you have some very "interesting" case in hand, something is going astray under the cloths.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

(12-20-2012, 08:17 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: because you can't revert DirectX back.
[/quote]

So you do acknowledge the fact that dx updates can be bugged !

Now that this dispute is out of our way.

There are infact several way's to rollback DX install... i think i just have proven that Glare didn't i..

System restore for starters... is the easiest way..

(12-20-2012, 08:17 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Besides, updating directX is not an option. It keeps backward compatibility meaning a program developed under it's latest SDK can't run with older runtime. Still updating it is not your issue since couldn't play DirectX at all without doing it already. but is possible it becoming corrupt and needing reinstall... whatever, is not the case here.

Well, i like to think that dX maintains and keeps a register of all previous installs and later installs from that point forward ...

No, i DONt think my DX is corrupt ... The reason for that is , that i HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS ingame PC games.. In that regard, i have tested and played some pc games for people to troubleshoot one of the issues they have had whit that game... And the games that they had difficulties with, plays perfectly on my system.

Also, since i revert back my system (hence, it is possible to revert DX install) i have had no more Black screens in pcsx2 anymore whit my current DX setup ...

Granted, it shockes me too that this webDX update did break something on my system !!!

I'll try and reproduce this error thoug... i"ll DL the stand alone WebDx update (not the one that is included in pcsx2 install) and see if i can reproduce that black screen issue !!

(12-20-2012, 08:17 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: But now is SPUX-2 working? I'm not sure to have understood what you mean. If is the case what did you do? just the reinstall in a completely clean directory? I hope that's the case, otherwise it means you have some very "interesting" case in hand, something is going astray under the cloths.

Let me get back to you and answer you that after some extensive testing...

But atm no SPUX2 crash inGAME klonoa2 !!! But i haven't played/tested much since yesterday...!

I just have played/tested up to that certain level where pcsx2 crashed time and time again ingame Klonoa 2 ...

And all i can say now since is , that that i passed that problematic level all of a sudden !!!

And the only reason for that i can think of is , maybe i got past that part because i did create an new game (gamesave!!)

AGAIN, i REALY do think there's still allot to be DONE to improve that SPU-X2 plug ..

I stick to it , those crashes has very lil to do with my systemm !!

For the SIMPLE REASON that i NEVER HAVE HAD SPU-X2 CRASHES (or any other crashes) PLAYING CERTAIN GAMES ...

Games that i have been playing for like 8 hours strait daily without 1 CRASH !!

For instance, yet i have to get my first Crash (hopefully CERTAINLY NOT!!) ingame Final Fantasy XII ZJS

AND THAT ON ITS OWN MUST BE THE PROOF THAT the current SPU plugin is to blame for !

cherriepoppers,
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1
Quote:For the SIMPLE REASON that i NEVER HAVE HAD SPU-X2 CRASHES (or any other crashes) PLAYING CERTAIN GAMES ...

For instance, yet i have to get my first Crash (hopefully CERTAINLY NOT!!) ingame Final Fantasy XII ZJS

AND THAT ON ITS OWN MUST BE THE PROOF THAT the current SPU plugin is to blame for !

Certain games could simply not use the function that triggers the instability. That is not proof and since it's pretty obvious you're not that knowledgeable in technical matters, I'd suggest taking our word for it, since we have much more experience in this than you.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-21-2012, 11:16 AM)Bositman Wrote: Certain games could simply not use the function that triggers the instability.

Well there you have it... REgardless of what '(plug/driver/pcsx2) triggers the instability , it all starts from within pcsx2 enviroment to begin with... is it not ?

Anyway,.. i have recorded an piece of the log right before the KlOnoa2 crash..

This is what pcsx2 logs about that game.. and might be a refference to the spu/sound of the game (just thinking loudout ) !!

This ↓ might help the developers i hope ^^

Code:
VIFSTALL
IPU VIF Stall
ADMASWrite(0) amount left is 0

Update Happy

Althought i usually dont know what iam talking about to some members here Glare

Although, i proved them wrong in the long run (Blood Omen2 comes to mind Glare)

I might have found a BREAK THROUGH (aGain Glare) in this matter Cool

I just tried to solve this spu annoyance by disable pcsx2 realtime log events...

GUESS WHAT .... NO MORE SPU/pcsx2 crashes Blink in klonoa 2 ..

I know what yall probebly must thinking.. ... been there done that kind of tickles you right now..Laugh

But, this is pretty much the root of it ... have restarted pcsx2 several times just to make sure this IS IT (the final curtain call Tongue) !!

And to my surprise iam now an HAPPY GAMER again.... Laugh

Update 2: Darn... disable loggin while gaming do improve stability ... but eventually the darn thing crashed again Glare !!

Oh well... untill further notice (updates Happy) ... i have to say crashes ocure totaly random !!!

Game oN....

cherriepoppers,
Update 3 : I wantto clarify here that i did some extensive testing on that game on both my desktop and laptop system .

In case you wonder, my oc has nothing to do with it either !
Pcsx2 still randomly crashes ingame klonoa 2 with my cpu running at stock settings (3,4ghz) !!!

Then on my laptop system which is an i3 intel core cpu system Glare
Both using GSdx SSE2 & SSE 4.1 = Crash & burn Glare!!

The crash always refering to the (zeroSPU2) sound module from pcsx2 !!
I use zeroSPU2 because of the missing SFX sound effects ingame !!

SPU-X2 doesnt produce the sound effects only music background !!

But i guess that is well known issue i have read about a several places!!

Something needs to be done about that sound pluggin in pcsX2 ... thats for sure...

And fyi , iam not the only one that has this problem, i have found several articles back from people that have the EXACT SPU problem i have !!!

cherriepoppers,

Quote:So you do acknowledge the fact that dx updates can be bugged !
Of course, what I meant is if it happens MS hurries to correct it for is a major issue affecting too many applications.

Quote:Now that this dispute is out of our way.
Wait. what dispute? I thought we were trying to pinpoint what could be causing problems.

Quote:There are infact several way's to rollback DX install... i think i just have proven that Glare didn't i..
Yes, you can format and reinstall everything, maybe a third part tool to do it or (not sure but) using a restore point. What I said you can't is coming back to previous version simply trying to reinstall it.

Quote:System restore for starters... is the easiest way..
yes. PS: Still I'm not sure if even a system restore would bring a previous DX, it would see the new one there and just reinstall it.

Quote:Well, i like to think that dX maintains and keeps a register of all previous installs and later installs from that point forward ...

No, i DONt think my DX is corrupt ... The reason for that is , that i HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS ingame PC games.. In that regard, i have tested and played some pc games for people to troubleshoot one of the issues they have had whit that game... And the games that they had difficulties with, plays perfectly on my system.
Man, was never said it was, just it could be a possibility.

Quote:Also, since i revert back my system (hence, it is possible to revert DX install) i have had no more Black screens in pcsx2 anymore whit my current DX setup ...

good, that means you didn't revert to previous version of directX because it would be older than the SDK used by PCSX2... maybe something was fixed then? quoting myself: (I corrected some mistakes in the original, sorry for my poor dominion of English).
Code:
Besides, updating directX is not an option (I mean is not optional). It keeps backward compatibility (only) meaning a program developed under it's latest SDK can't run with older runtime. Still updating (edit: needing to update) it is not your issue since (you) couldn't play DirectX (edit: PCSX2) at all without doing it already. but is possible it becoming corrupt and needing reinstall... whatever, is not the case here.
just than apparently was the case indeed, rollback or reinstall seems to have helped?

Quote:Granted, it shockes me too that this webDX update did break something on my system !!!
It is a program from MS with the sole purpose of getting the newest DX version from MS site, it does nothing else.

Quote:I'll try and reproduce this error thoug... i"ll DL the stand alone WebDx update (not the one that is included in pcsx2 install) and see if i can reproduce that black screen issue !!
please do it, although it will once again download the "actual" directX and install it.

Quote:Let me get back to you and answer you that after some extensive testing...

But atm no SPUX2 crash inGAME klonoa2 !!! But i haven't played/tested much since yesterday...!

I just have played/tested up to that certain level where pcsx2 crashed time and time again ingame Klonoa 2 ...

And all i can say now since is , that that i passed that problematic level all of a sudden !!!

And the only reason for that i can think of is , maybe i got past that part because i did create an new game (gamesave!!)

Quote:AGAIN, i REALY do think there's still allot to be DONE to improve that SPU-X2 plug ..
Of course, and with the whole PCSX2 also.

Quote:I stick to it , those crashes has very lil to do with my systemm !!

For the SIMPLE REASON that i NEVER HAVE HAD SPU-X2 CRASHES (or any other crashes) PLAYING CERTAIN GAMES ...

cherriepoppers,

At this point is clear you know all answers, good luck. Is almost impossible to be certain if you are blaming directX, the plugins or both.

Edit:
The only thing that seems clear is the game messes with PCSX2 as a whole. Maybe one those games haunted by all kind of weird implementations from the developer?
(12-22-2012, 04:54 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Wait. what dispute? I thought we were trying to pinpoint what could be causing problems.

That is pointed to the guy/gall behind ya next in line , who might doubt my findings and rather blame solely my entire system then anything else Glare !!

Mind you, iam not the only one who seems to have this EXACT VERY SAME phenomenon INGAME klonoa 2 Excl

(12-22-2012, 04:54 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: maybe a third part tool to do it or (not sure but) using a restore point.

Yezz.. i did meant .. um ↑ this and..................................that ↑ ..

(12-22-2012, 04:54 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: What I said you can't is coming back to previous version simply trying to reinstall it.

why, it woud like taking candy from a kiddo Tongue
It never is that easy Rolleyes...

(12-22-2012, 04:54 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: yes. PS: Still I'm not sure if even a system restore would bring a previous DX, it would see the new one there and just reinstall it.

Well noisestab, i did not experienced the black screens anymore ..
How many times do i need to repeat that...?

its quite remarkable that all of sudden after i install the pcsx2 package with all the wistles and bells that come along with it ... the gameplay is "ruined" isnt it ?

Maybe its just coincidence...but ...couldn't have happened at a worse time, just when iam troubleshooting that spu crash Glare!!

(12-22-2012, 04:54 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: good, that means you didn't revert to previous version of directX because it would be older than the SDK used by PCSX2...

NOw youve lost me there ↑...
I thought i made myself clear that once i reverted back the changes that pcsx2 or rather the dxwebinstall might have made the BS Laugh = BLACKSCREENS where HISTORY ... like PAST TENSE ...Closedeyes

(12-22-2012, 04:54 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: It is a program from MS with the sole purpose of getting the newest DX version from MS site, it does nothing else.

uhuh... and i tell you again.... it didn't work out so well for me !!

But then again, i wont dismiss that possibility entirely just yet..
l'll do some research later on about DX and what not on windows 7

(12-22-2012, 04:54 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: At this point is clear you know all answers, good luck.

Why, i thought we were trying to pinpoint the root of the problem Tongue..

(12-22-2012, 04:54 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Is almost impossible to be certain if you are blaming directX, the plugins or both.

Its "simple" ... First it started with the plugin error (faulty module : xaudio2_7 / zeroSPU note) ...

And as i moved on and tried your iD to fixed this spu crash by installing pcsx2 and all whistles and bells (dx included) suddenly DX is bugging me (for the reasons i stated up there) !!

Quite simple if you keep mayhem and myhem in the right order Laugh..

About the game klonoa 2 again.... i noticed 1 important thing right before the crash ..

Some one else have noticed that too and beat me to it (mentioning that door trap)...

I noticed that the crash often ocures RIGHT before entering an doorway ... !!

Now, after have tried several builds/drivers/plugins and what not ... iam ready to give this game an grade B- in the public section..

...to be continued ...

cherriepoppers,
I quit that thread now, maybe my difficulty with English is greater than I thought.
(12-22-2012, 01:18 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: I quit that thread now, maybe my difficulty with English is greater than I thought.

Meh.... give yourself some rep (credit) .. you just need to polish your DX pronouncing somewhat Laugh

cherriepoopers,
(12-20-2012, 03:51 PM)Metagondria Wrote: Well i can tell ya that my system works just great on other games and i have had NO SPU2-x Crashes on those games ..

For instance, currently iam playing through Final Fantasy Zodiac Job system.. and i have recorded 35+ish gameplay hours already..

And not ONCE, i REPEAT ... NOT ONCE i have had an SPU-X2 failure/crash.. during that time !!

Now i dont know about you, but that pretty much proves that my system is not entirely to blame for .... else i woud have had crashes in any game... logic dictates Closedeyes !!

anyway, i take back what i said earlier about Zero-Spu2 plug... it does crash at one particular level in klonoa2... regardless of what system /pcsx2 setting (drivers!) Glare

Also, my info is controversial you say?

Rest asure, every bit info i provided did infact happend to me ..
What woud i gain by lying about it !!!

In that regard, you should be more gratefull to someone who puts time and efforts troubleshooting pcsx2 progress !!

So currently unable to proceed/continue with the game due to crash all the time..

So KLONOA 2 status = INGAME

can you link me to the zero-spu plugin? i am having a hard time finding it.