Invalid: Metal gear solid 2 Sustance Pal freeze in some cutscene
Hello,

I will try to discribe my problem with most details.

I run Mgs with pcsx2 1.0 and it work perfectly in the active game but when it comes to some cutscene the game freeze.

In that video made by another at 1h00min50sec you can see the same problem on the same cutscene that I had.
http://www.firstpost.com/topic/person/nv...106-1.html

The only solution is to press start and skip the cutscene. Same with the first cutscene of the plant when helicopter flight over the bridge and it say "Two years ago, blabla..."

So far I was ok with that solution but when I get into the plant right after the starting codec conversation between raidon and the colonel/general I have a black screen and I hear a bug sound instead of the usual freezing screen with no sound . I have try to press start, several comibnation of plugin, switch the vu's mods but nothing. The game definitely don t go further.

Since I know that at least one other person had the same problem (on the video link), I wonder if others had the same problems and have fixed the issues.

Here the print of my plugins config

[Image: pcsx2_App_Settings_Plugins.png]
For the video plugin config I use the Hardware dx11 mode, but I try in software and other dx mods but still the same issues

If you need more information, please let me know.

ps: Sorry for my english

Sponsored links

The game comes in a dvd dual layer disc so maybe your image is bad.
Make an ISO image of the disc by using imgburn (click Create image file from disc).
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I've try the 1.1.0 (pcsx2-5391-windows-x86) and with the defaut configuration for the plugins but with the same settings for the video plugins, the cutscene doesn't freeze anymore but instead at the same exact moment I have a black clipping strip on the lower half of my cutscene until the view change (the view not the cutscene, like a different angle of view). And the game doesn't blackout anymore after the first codex conversation in the plant part.

I wish that information could help.
Try pressing F9 when the strip appears to make it go away
I try f9 but that doesn't change the outcome. But the game run smoothly now and the clipping black strip isn't really a problem. It appear only on few cutscenes and that don't bother me.
Well at least since I switch from 1.0 to 1.1 with the latest video plugin, I don't have troubles anymore.

Thanks for the help.
OK could you try one last thing, using 1.0 press F9 when the cutscene starts, see if that fixes the freeze afterwards in 1.0
I try and that just switch a freezing image to a black screen.

If you wish to try some other things, I stay at your disposal.
I have a problem with Metal Gear Solid in cinematic video graphics.

Metal Gear Solid 2 Pal
[Image: 96yxp5.jpg]

(08-23-2012, 09:16 PM)Jenojen Wrote: I try and that just switch a freezing image to a black screen.

If you wish to try some other things, I stay at your disposal.

could you tell me your pcsx2 settings to play Metal Gear Solid 2. thanks
Hi,

I have the same problem as the author of the topic. I play with the PAL version and a stable version of PCSX2 (v1.0.0 - r5350).

The game runs smoothly (excepted some slow-down at some points but nothing bad). However with some game cinematics, the screen freeze. I can see the FPS varying a little bit (about 45) but the screen is still frozen.

My PC is an Intel Core i5 2500k, 8GB RAM, AMD 7970 Ghz Ed and SSD. I use Windows 8 64bits.

Should I try the last experimental version of PCSX2?

Thank you!
Sure, giva try.
And next time, make your own thread instead of resurrecting a 1-year old one.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go