Invalid: PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875) crashes after 10 minutes
PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875) crashes after around 10 minutes of gameplay. It was installed as instructed. I've played through two early PS2 games on pcsx2 0.9.8 (r4600) , though it was slow in some gameplay and cut-scenes, however it did not crash.

The crash was "PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875) has stopped responding, Close Program?"

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Possibly changing audio back end could help. If you are currently using xaudio try portaudio and the other way around.
I have a high end gaming laptop (or was high end when I bought it)
Windows 8.1.
64x
12 GB ram
GeForce GTX 870M

I'm using all default settings.

I've been playing ISOs of the first .Hack Series, Haunting Ground, which would hardly play at all, and Orphen.
I also used the Disc of Final Fantasy X.
All of these would crash after about 10 to 20 minutes of playing.

I'm using PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875), latest version downloaded last week.
can you pelase post the emulog you got after a crash ?
I don't think it recorded a log. The entire program just froze and forced close. It said PCS2X is not Responding. Then a small window with a button to close the program. Whether I clicked on the X on the small window or the close program button, the PCSX2 is still forced closed.
Next time it happens, go to my documents\pcsx2\logs and post the emulog.text content here
can't reproduce this issue even on the 1.2.1 stable version and since the OP has been inactive for over a month, moving this to the invalid subforum.

future notes: if the issue still happens, try the latest development build and make a new bug report if the issue also seems to be present on the latest devlopment build on your test cases, Thanks.

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction