"Invalid PSM!" (Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal)
Just got to the Blackwater city section and my game keeps freezing with "Invalid PSM!" spamming the log. Ideas? Settings are default except MTVU and EE timing hack(on ref's advice) and GSdx is 5x native with 2x MSAA and mipmapping ofc.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

Oy and now the DMA errors start again so the EE timing hack doesn't fix them >_<

I restarted the section from a memcard save with WS hacks disabled and had no DMA error or freeze. I need to take a look at that WS patch and see what it does, especially since the game has 16:9 built in.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
It seems all the R&C games after the first use the same WS hacks, so this issue likely affects all those games.
I'm still not 100% sure it's the WS hack because the WS hack just seems to force the ingame WS option to on :/
It could very well be that forcing it is what's causing the issue. Sometimes those addresses are used for different reasons outside of the menu's. It also means the WS hack is completely useless and should be removed.
We should still make sure that's what's going on. Firstly if that's definitely what's causing the crash(I won't use the hack anymore and only ingame WS so we can find that out) and secondly if that's what the hack is doing. It modifies two addresses so maybe it does something else too. Some games built in WS is also skewed so I need to make a comparison of that too which I will tomorrow.
Note: I added the GSdx print recently to help to detect invalid texture format.
So the game does not seem to have this issue with the WS patch disabled and furthermore the WS patch seems to only be forcing the in game option to on. I took some comparison screenshots with the ingame option on and patch off, and with the patch on and the FOV and aspect is identical.