Invalid: System -> Shutdown ends pcsx2 1.3.1 with error
(10-18-2015, 05:09 AM)refraction Wrote: I'm also running Windows 10.

Can you try clearing out your Inis folder  (you can rename it if you want to keep your old settings for later),  making 2 new memory cards and try running it as administrator?

Cleared, created new cards, ran as administrator. Still the same. Also tried different combinations of plugins (from 1.2.1, from 1.3.0, null plugin and gigahertz plugin), every time cleared inis folder, recreated mem cards and started as administrator. No result.

UPD: just checked with my Windows 7 Professional x64 and did not have any problem  Biggrin

UPD 2: also I noticed following, when I shutdown console using System->Shutdown for 1.2.1 and 1.3.0, nothing bad happens, error does not occur BUT when I access this menu again I STILL can press this button (so it seems like console is not fully shutdown, even after GS window is closed):
https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnwePrj.../giphy.gif

Sponsored links

Hm, something very weird is going on with your machine, I have no issues in Windows 10 at all :/

Can you get any further details on the crash?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-18-2015, 12:39 PM)refraction Wrote: Hm,  something very weird is going on with your machine,  I have no issues in Windows 10 at all :/

Can you get any further details on the crash?

I wonder if I may ask you one thing - can you please upload somewhere for me archive with already configured build of pcsx2, (with or without bios) so I could try run it and be 100 percent sure, that this is working for you on Windows 10 and not working for me? May be I just have both left hands. Smile
Mine is a bit of a mess, just get the latest developer version, extract it to a new folder, copy your bios over and give that a try.

and no im not going to supply a bios, fi you read the rules you'd know that's illegal Wink

(10-18-2015, 01:49 PM)refraction Wrote: Mine is a bit of a mess, just get the latest developer version, extract it to a new folder, copy your bios over and give that a try.

and no im not going to supply a bios, fi you read the rules you'd know that's illegal Wink

As I wrote, bios is not required for me Happy   I tried to do all the same steps with the latest developer version and still the same. Just wanted to use some others working plugins' and program's configurations. Smile
The latest dev build at default should work :/

Do you not get any further information from the crash box?

(10-18-2015, 01:57 PM)refraction Wrote: The latest dev build at default should work :/

Do you not get any further information from the crash box?

No information from crash box. Still, I tried to compile latest build myself using Visual Studio 2015, launched game and then pressed Shutdown button, so I managed to get there in BiosDebugData.cpp:

[Image: 0_d613e_12a5479b_orig]

It says, that there is an exception - can not read from address. And when I press continue with exception, it keeps repeating about read-write memory exceptions with different addresses. Also tried to run as administrator - the same.

I guess there is something with my bios. Smile I will continue experimenting.
Yeup, the problem was with my American bios  Biggrin

I think this topic can be closed and bug as rejected. Thanks everyone for your help!
Probably a bad BIOS image then. Ok closing

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.