Invalid: Two games needs SkipMPEGHack to load
I posted this a while back but it never got integrated into the GameIndex.dbf.

The following games will freeze on loading videos unless SkipMPEGHack = 1
- Arctic Thunder (for sure the NTSC one: SLUS-20217)
- Gunshooter II (only pal ver. exist: SLES-51289)

============

To the responders of the LAST thread that was closed here: 
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Invalid-T...ck-to-load

1)
"You can add them yourself to GameIndex.dbf if you want"
I know I can add them myself. That's not the point. They need to be merged into the MASTER db for everyone to use for compatibility reasons.

2)  
"This not a bug, nor a report. You can request these additions elsewhere or add them yourself through github."
I know this is not a bug. It was a valid, clear report however. This is the ONLY fix to make two games playable. Do we not want that and want to just trash this as if there's zero value here? I'm trying to fix these two for the community. I'm not going to check them in myself into github. Please leave this here, move to the appropriate forum or tell me where to report this so the change is made to improve PCSX2 compatibility permanently.
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.3 ghz. (Sandy Bridge CPU) / Asus P8P67 / 4 Gig Ram / GeForce GTX 660/ Creative X-fi / Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit

Sponsored links

(10-18-2016, 05:21 AM)legend Wrote: I posted this a while back but it never got integrated into the GameIndex.dbf.

The following games will freeze on loading videos unless SkipMPEGHack = 1
- Arctic Thunder (for sure the NTSC one: SLUS-20217)
- Gunshooter II (only pal ver. exist: SLES-51289)

============

To the responders of the LAST thread that was closed here: 
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Invalid-T...ck-to-load

1)
"You can add them yourself to GameIndex.dbf if you want"
I know I can add them myself. That's not the point. They need to be merged into the MASTER db for everyone to use for compatibility reasons.

2)  
"This not a bug, nor a report. You can request these additions elsewhere or add them yourself through github."
I know this is not a bug. It was a valid, clear report however. This is the ONLY fix to make two games playable. Do we not want that and want to just trash this as if there's zero value here? I'm trying to fix these two for the community. I'm not going to check them in myself into github. Please leave this here, move to the appropriate forum or tell me where to report this so the change is made to improve PCSX2 compatibility permanently.

Your report seems wrong on a lot of parts. Firstly I do have game with SLES-51289 and it's not called Gunshooter II but Gunfighter II: Revenge of Jesse James. Also that game doesn't require skipmpeg hack. May be you are testing some very old version of PCSX2 or modified ISO?
Still not a bug report, as you have posted the solution to the issues. This is not the request forum. If you want to add 'em to the database ask someone or add them yourself.

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.