Is PCSX2 capped to 60hz ? (ghosting / blurry issue)
might be a issue with postprocessing effects being misplaced during upscalling, try using native resolution. if that doesn't work, you should fiddle with offset and skipdraw hack in the HW hacks section.

also, use the latest development builds from here. you won't get support for using the EE overclock build.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

a custom exe? do i wanna know where from? is that the one from blyss with the "oc"? anyway...

try a default release. try to cycle thru interlace modes with F5. try skipdraw in gsdx. might happen it skips the "motion blur" surface. but... question. does it do that when nothing on the screen is moving? how displaced or wide or tall is ghost. there you might try a custom resolution. and... you'd seriously not expect real 144 Hz correct gameplay out of it.

plus... have you tried to lower your monitors hz to 60. it might be that the image buffering in the monitor f*cks up that thing. that's possible too. yes. so...
When the screen is not moving there is no problem, the more its moving fast the more there is the problem.
Tried everything and its the same, 60hz fix a bit but its still there.
I'll try to test more and I will post If I got more new about this, I got a suspicion on the game framerate.. maybe the low original framerate causes some problems, dunno.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
Do you enable Vsync? Maybe your monitor is the problem. Do you have this problem while playing PC games?
(03-15-2015, 05:17 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: Do you enable Vsync? Maybe your monitor is the problem. Do you have this problem while playing PC games?

Indeed not I aint got this problem on pc games, and I repeat I tried all and its the same on pcsx2, with or without vsync.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
I noticed something, when I press F4 then I tests at 100 fps, the blurring effect is stillt here but its like the 2 pixel positions are going faster, back and forth, so its still there but less blurry, and the object is a bit distorded. Strange Tongue2
I know its a bit hard to understand and maybe a lot of people wont even see it, because they are used to 60hz monitors and they are all a bit blurry during movements, but here its not only a blurry effect, if you understood well its like the pixel dont move correctly, it stays too long to the previous position and don't fully goes to the next, and it goest back and forth, cause a very light flicker effect.

I think i'm dealing with hardware or software limitations from how the games were mades, or maybe it comes from pcsx2, or maybe the 144hz monitors are simply not welcome even when downclocked to 60hz mode, I dont know.
I think it would be a problem only in full 3D games when everything is scrolling and the game framerate is not very smooth, but anyway.. its still playable, playing in window mode attenuates a bit.
slow original framerate?. like... is it slow on the real ps2? then... you might really try the oc build. you gotta balance the load tho. vu stealing most definetely can improve a lot in bottlenecking situations. what's the percentages saying in the window's caption? there you gotta move the stealing sliders. but it all runs and depends on your cpu. i don't know if that's enough to do that. somebody might recommend an oc of that. you really need a lotta beef to muscle the oc pcsx2.

not sure either if you really need 5x native. does that change it if you lower it? i dunno what your graphics card can handle.

the ninja in here. if you run unlimited real 100fps and you still see flicker you gotta see a doctor. dunzo.
Don't worry I got a gtx980 and its fine on x5, all is running perfectly fine even at 100fps, I aint go any performance problems, ive tested full oc with the custom .exe and it does nothing on my game, I can't even see a change.
I just leave this here, I think i'm done, I can't fix that I've tried all, stable build, software mod, etc etc, maybe one day someone will have something to say about that.
(03-15-2015, 12:37 PM)Coma Wrote: Hi, I ask myself a question, I have a 144hz monitor but when I play to PCSX2 its blurry during the movements, the pixel deplacement time is bad and its annoying in full screen, maybe the emulator runs in 60hz only ?

First of all, you should use your monitor at the same refresh rate or an exact multiple of your games' fps in order to have smooth and not juddery movement. 60Hz or 120Hz are good for NTSC games and 50Hz and 100Hz for PAL games.

Bear in mind that the fps counter of this emulator reports the external fps (FRAPS and programs like that report the same). 60fps in NTSC games means 100% speed, while the game can be running internally at 20, 30, 60 fps or whatever it wants.

(03-15-2015, 12:37 PM)Coma Wrote: If thats the case, maybe it would be possible to run the games in 144hz ?
I only know how to run Kingdom Hearts 2 at 120 real fps: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Kingdom-H...#pid441603

Codes for other versions of the game are in the same thread.

The ghosting or double image you see is because the fps you get aren't the same as your refresh rate AND your monitor is strobing (Lightboost, motion blur reduction, ULMB, etc). For perfect motion, fps=Hz. What's your monitor? If you have a BenQ Z series monitor, you can make it strobe at 60Hz so all 60fps games look perfect in motion. If you have a monitor that only has Lighboost or ULMB, you'll have double image in 60fps games at 120Hz. If you disable Lightboost, you'll get the same motion blur as with a 60fps game at 60Hz (with no strobing) instead of double image.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
Yeah thats what I thought.. ther game framerate is not the one displayed in the emulator.
I got the 24" acer gsync with ulmb, I allready tested suikoden 5 in every refresh rate with or without ulmb and the problem is still here (I didnt tested KH2).
I'll see your topic.. its interesting if you can change the game framerate.