Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is PCSX2 really can harm and ruin my computer?
I’m played some game and looking on the title bar, my EE : always beyond 70% when 3d scene occur in game [really different when I played 2D game that EE % always under 30%]. What that % mean? Is higher EE% can ruin my proc? Or Is the other higher % can ruin some of the corresponding hardware of my computer? And at the end, Is using PCSX2 Emulator For PS2 can shorten the lifespan of my computer [especially the hardware that work for it]? Is it safe if I keep playing PS2 game on computer?
In fact I’d prefer playing PS2 game on PC rather than on my own PS2 console, because there are many feature that I love in PCSX2 like Save State, speedhack, etc.

Sponsored links

PCSX2 can not harm your computer.
[Image: 1454055.png]
of course it cannot harm anything,at least not the program by itself
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
Hard to believe this question was ever asked. You could ask the same question related to a car and it would make more sense. Yes, your computer consumes more 'gas' while under load the same way the car does when you go on a trip or climb a hill. Comparing to a car the computer wears almost nothing where the mechanical nature of the first is a heavy factor, still whatever reduction in the computer's life spam is so small that it will be a museum piece before it dies of 'natural' causes. Of course it can break as any other electric/electronic/mechanical product for no foreseeable reason.

So, PCSX2 can harm you computer the same way as ALL and EVERY other program you run on it, game or otherwise.

A most meaningful question would be if PCSX2 can harm "you" as almost any program that access the internet or "acquiring" it can break local laws do. To this the answer is NO. Notice the PS2 games themselves are not responsibility of PCSX2.
Imagination is where we are truly real
well no except if you have heating issues cause in many games it pushes the hardware almost to the limit!
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
If his hardware would break due to heat that would meen his cooling wasn't up to the task in the first place and pcsx2 would not make more of an impact than any other program that would stress his pc.
[Image: 1454055.png]
Yes it is possible if your computer sucks and u play final fantasy xii(it will be laggy) for 10 hours it will get burned XD jk. Laugh
Man no it cant harm your computer except if u overheat it.
If you push it to its limits for too much time it will get overheated then.. many things can happen...
Anywayz.. try cleaning(not with ccleaner i mean to open it Laugh and clean it with something) your computer if it get overheated i had to clean mine for some years and it had 75C when in desktop and 90 when in game XD
if your computer doesn't have adequate cooling it would die from pcsx2. but that's your computer's fault, not pcsx2's
i think he has more than enough answers Tongue
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
thank guys, now my vision come to be brighter hearing all of this