Is Persona 4 getting harder to emulate during the game?
Hey guys,

I hope I posted this right here and I hope this is a kind of question which I may ask here.

I'm playing Persona 4 with PCSX2 and up to now, it works wonderful. I now reached the boss battle at the steamy paradies (^^), but here I noticed, that my computer has reached it's limit^^. It's just a C2D with 2,66 Ghz, so I'm glad that persona works so fine. but now I'm curious if the game will be playable (with fun) later in the game.

What I try to ask is: Will the later boss battles have a higher "system recommendation" than the ones in the beginning? Since I was able to play Persona 3 with activated energy effeciency mode at first, but later on I had to deactivated it for my CPU working with it's whole power because there were so many effects in the background and way more polygones a.s.o. Is it the same for Persona 4?

I hope someone will be able to answer me, since I often read poeple playing the game with PCSX2, so there should be some who can answer me this^^.

I'm asking this, perhaps stupid, question, because, if the game will be some kind of unplayable for me, I start playing it on my Playstation 2. But on the PC the graphics are way better (thanks to you guys!).
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.

Sponsored links

the only moments fps drop in P4 are when you fight alot enemies that look like beetles, or when you have full party of people + some other random people in a single place. But those fps drops arent significant, at least for me. Boss battles are always lightspeed fast.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
(10-20-2009, 12:13 AM)nataq01 Wrote: the only moments fps drop in P4 are when you fight alot enemies that look like beetles, or when you have full party of people + some other random people in a single place. But those fps drops arent significant, at least for me. Boss battles are always lightspeed fast.

So it's not that, for later boss battles the CPU needs more power, like this is in Persona 3 the case? Or that the later areas have higher recommendations at the CPU like the last ones in P3 (in combination with the beetles was this a nice one^^)? I mean, I just have 2,66 Ghz and not 3,8 Ghz like you^^.

Sorry, if I ask this again, but I want to be sure, since I want to save me the frustration^^.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
These boss battles try to give tons of eye candy. So it's just normal they need a bit more cpu cycles.
Other than the few cases nataq01 mentioned, there are no serious slowdowns down the road, iirc Tongue2