Is connecting ps2 to a lcd monitor gives me better resolution than a tv monitor?
I'm buying a ps2 pal console but most pal games doesn't support progressive scan 480p so I'm planning on buying a component cable and converter and connect it on my monitor, will doing this gives better resolution, since connecting a component cable between a ps2 and a pal tv won't do anything because most ps2 games don't support component

Sponsored links

If you want the best looking PS2 games you'll want to hook your PS2 up to an old CRT TV/monitor. Modern LCD screens make the PS2 games look terrible, and as you said only a few (PAL) games support progressive scan, so only a handful of games will look a little better. And a component cable does not support 240p, so you wouldn't be able to play several 2D and PS1 games.
(07-12-2016, 06:23 PM)aybak Wrote: I'm buying a ps2 pal console but most pal games doesn't support progressive scan 480p so I'm planning on buying a component cable and converter and connect it on my monitor, will doing this gives better resolution, since connecting a component cable between a ps2 and a pal tv won't do anything because most ps2 games don't support component

Component cables will give you better image quality than composite on a TV, regardless of whether a game supports progressive scan or not (progressive could improve it further if supported).

If your monitor or the (HDMI?) converter has better upscaling than your TV, it could be worth using those instead of the TV.
My current TV uses a pretty blurry upscaling method and has some post-processing that can't be completely turned off - not ideal for PS2 games.

Component looks better even through the blur:
Composite vs. component
Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo | Samsung S23A700D
Whether you're using composite or component cables on your LCD monitor, it will never look as good as on a CRT monitor.
(07-12-2016, 08:18 PM)Dreadmoth Wrote: Component cables will give you better image quality than composite on a TV, regardless of whether a game supports progressive scan or not (progressive could improve it further if supported).

If your monitor or the (HDMI?) converter has better up-scaling than your TV, it could be worth using those instead of the TV.
My current TV uses a pretty blurry upscaling method and has some post-processing that can't be completely turned off - not ideal for PS2 games.

Component looks better even through the blur:
Composite vs. component

My monitor has better graphics than my TV screen and has a decent graphics card, does this mean when I connect the ps2 to the monitor I will get better resolution? does the monitor supports 480p progressive scan on games?
Resolution will not change, a better TV or monitor will just make it look less blurry like Dreadmouth said.
Any monitor with support for component cables will give the same 480p resolution for games with a progressive screen option.