Is it normal for CPU to always be a 99%?
I haven't seen slowdowns on the games I've played yet, but my Windows always around 99%, I've tried messing with bunch of options but still 99%. I don't think it's due to my PC specs but can someone confirm and if it isn't due to my specs, what can be causing it.

My PC Specs:
Windows Vista Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 2 (build 6002)
2.67 gigahertz Intel Core i7 920
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
8192 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Hyper-threaded (8 total)
12286 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Sponsored links

(10-12-2009, 09:56 PM)djricekcn Wrote: I haven't seen slowdowns on the games I've played yet, but my Windows always around 99%, I've tried messing with bunch of options but still 99%. I don't think it's due to my PC specs but can someone confirm and if it isn't due to my specs, what can be causing it.

My PC Specs:
Windows Vista Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 2 (build 6002)
2.67 gigahertz Intel Core i7 920
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
8192 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Hyper-threaded (8 total)
12286 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

What video card do you have? Judging by the rest of your specs, if your video card is on par, you should be fine. See if the V-Sync option is checked, I had this problem and when I unchecked it I saw actual load instead of "99%" all the time.
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit
It's a GTX285 Sli (meaning x2). I've tried unchecking and chekcing V-Sync and other options as well (mainly SOUND and GRAPHICS)but I always see the process being aroun d99% on the window. Like I said, I haven't noticed slow-downs (unless if it's reported to have slowdowns on the list) but it constantly being 99% is somewhat bothering, it's not even making my PC hot or heat up.

btw, I'm using the latest plugins, latest beta release and latest stable release.