Is it normal for me to deal with some lag on Pcsx2 emulator? (Specs included)
I noticed that my games (like resident evil 4 and medal of honor frontline) kind of gets laggy around some spots that drops my fps to 30 or lower and the framerate usually stays in the 60 or 50 fps spot..

Intel Pentium G3220 (Possibly this?)

1x4 gb DDr3 1600 mhz memory/ram

r7 250 2gb ddr5

No need to post the HDD, PSU, Case etc. since they are more or likely not needed

Sponsored links

What is your CPU clockrate ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
380 mhz to 1100 Mhz
???
Are you sure ?
You shouldn't be able to run any game with this.
Please post the emulog.txt
provide a screenshot of your CPU usage through taskmanager while the game is lagging down. your cpu is probably downclocking, make sure set windows performance plan to high performance in control panel.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Oh wait the clockrate as in the cpu speed?

Well here is the emulog anyway with the SW2 game *Didn't play an area where it would lag sorry Sad*..
Log: http://pastebin.com/QBL9Q3F1

(04-16-2015, 05:59 AM)ssakash Wrote: provide a screenshot of your CPU usage through taskmanager while the game is lagging down. your cpu is probably downclocking, make sure set windows performance plan to high performance in control panel.

Yep it is in high performance mode but the thing is that when it comes to some areas of the games that I play it sometimes lags out and then i would have to wait for 11 seconds or more for the lag to stop
if it auto adjusts the clock speeds to a low value then, it would be better to disable Intel speed step in the Bios.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
If you can, over clock to 4.0 ghz.
Else, upgrade your CPU or get back to your ps2
Don't worry I am planning to upgrade my cpu Smile....I was on a budget build by the way so yeah definitely going to be upgrading soon Smile..My games are still very playable but yeah the lag in some of those areas of my game kind of throw me off for a bit