Is it posible to compile PCSX2 in 64-bit?
(05-15-2009, 11:55 PM)klonoa Wrote: So why have the gamecube emulator DOLPHIN a strong boost on 64 bit?

I've tested mario galaxy on Win 7 x64

In game the 32 bit build reach 17 fps while the 64 bit build reach 21 fps.

I'm just curious.

To be clear, there is nothing stopping you from compiling PCSX2 as a 64-bit executable. That DOES NOT mean it will get increased performance, since most of the developer's time has been spent optimizing for 32-bit machines.

Just because it's a 64-bit executable doesn't mean you magically get a performance increase. Dolphin devs have spent time optimizing for 64-bit, PCSX2 devs have not.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi

Sponsored links

Because the gamecube console has NOTHING in common with the ps2 console. Good enough reason?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Don't need to be so harsh!

I've written that i'm curious. I know that they 're two completely different architecture.

My post isn't a provocation,i know that if there was an improvement in 64 bit they'll do it.

My post is only curiosity of some technical explanation.
Then I suggest reading through this very thread. I think you'll find your explanation on the second page.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi