Is it possible to emulate PS2-PSP USB connectivity?
I couldn't find a single reference to this on the forum or the web but here goes nothing.

The game Jak X: Combat Racing contains features that are unlocked by connecting the PS2 to a PSP with a Daxter save file via USB and having the game scan for the save. Doing so also unlocks a few things in the Daxter game. Since PCSX2 supports USB emulation, is this functionality possible or has it been considered?

Sponsored links

I wouldnt expect it.
Where do you unlock? On the ps2 or the psp?
Both. Jak X has an option to scan the ps2 memory card as well as a connected PSP for relevant save files and unlock playable characters. Doing so also unlocks something in the PSP game.
So possibly you can do ot the other way around if pppspppspppsppsppspps allows usb usage.
No, it's the PS2 game that scans for the save files but I don't know what it looks for when it scans the PSP. Does it just read it like a mass storage device? If so, can something be worked out with the usbqemu plugin?
It likely reads it as a mass storage device, yeah.

If you could figure out what its looking for, put that on a flash drive, load that through the USBQEMU plugin then you might get it to work. A lot of work for something small though.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I know it's a lot of work but I'm very fond on this game and playing split-screen with the secret racers would be nice Biggrin

Anyway, I tried and it didn't find anything. Though I had to type in the path in the ini because the plugin's file browser doesn't take folders or drives, just files. What is it meant to take, then?

If all else fails I'll try hooking up my real psp but it needs a new battery.
as far I remember pcsx2 doesn't have full working USB functionality. 
I've tried messing around with EyeToy and the Eyetoy camera and never really got it to work.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

(12-11-2015, 04:56 AM)Nexxxus Wrote: as far I remember pcsx2 doesn't have full working USB functionality. 
I've tried messing around with EyeToy and the Eyetoy camera and never really got it to work.

Not really sure what you're talking about. Mine worked flawlessly on my fat PS2.
That moment when you misread a post and answered it wrongly.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]