Is it possible to install two different version of PCSX2 ?
those states will conflict, and settings will conflict

Sponsored links

It depends on how big the difference between the versions is.
I have 5 versions in the pcsx2 folder and the only problem is the save states
Yes of course you can,,, just use svn build... I even put 3 different pcsx2 they are : pcsx2 1.00 , pcsx2 1.0.0 and playground ( i still use it to play dynasty warrior 5 empire n other games that not playable on pcsx2 Smile )
i think saiki is right. the save states will conflict

the save states by default go into Documents\PCSX2\sstates. for example say there is a save state in that folder called SLUS-20165 (1771BFE4).00.p2s. that save state is made by one version of pcsx2 on a certain save slot running a game. now say u run that same game on another version of pcsx2 and a save state is made on that same save slot. this save state will also go into Documents\PCSX2\sstates. will this save state made by the other version of pcsx2 overwrite SLUS-20165 (1771BFE4).00.p2s or will it have a different file name?
(10-29-2012, 12:34 PM)solidus Wrote: the save states by default go into Documents\PCSX2\sstates.

Only if you are using the installer version

(10-29-2012, 12:34 PM)solidus Wrote: ...will this save state made by the other version of pcsx2 overwrite SLUS-20165 (1771BFE4).00.p2s or will it have a different file name?

It will overwrite it.
It works like this:
1.Get the game ID
2.Get the game crc
3.Get the current active slot
4.Combine all info and save a file(overwrite if such file exist in the sstates folder)