Is it possible to update my version of PCSX2?
Hey guys I wanted to get the new release of pcsx2 1.0 is there any possible way of updating my version of the emulator? I have made progress in my games and I dont want to have to start over... or maybe there is a way of transferring my game data over to the new version... I dont know so please reply to this thread!

Thanks,

Sponsored links

if u had been using the memory card then u dont need to start again, u only need to copy ur memory to the new pcsx2 directory, if ur using save states then u need to make sure to save ur game in the memory cause save states cant be loaded in other pcsx2 versions.
(08-07-2012, 09:30 PM)ecchiless Wrote: if u had been using the memory card then u dont need to start again, u only need to copy ur memory to the new pcsx2 directory, if ur using save states then u need to make sure to save ur game in the memory cause save states cant be loaded in other pcsx2 versions.

So hold on let me get this straight... I need to creat a save state of each of my games?
(08-07-2012, 09:30 PM)ecchiless Wrote: if u had been using the memory card then u dont need to start again, u only need to copy ur memory to the new pcsx2 directory, if ur using save states then u need to make sure to save ur game in the memory cause save states cant be loaded in other pcsx2 versions.

^This
I make one directory that holds my 2 mem cards and just point each instance of pcsx 2 that I may be using at the time to that location. Make frequent back ups just in case though Biggrin

(08-07-2012, 09:33 PM)Luke1001 Wrote: So hold on let me get this straight... I need to creat a save state of each of my games?

No, if you have not been using standard saves, then you need to play each game and do a normal save to the memory card, then you are golden once you point 1.0 to the memory cards. Save states will not transfer over.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
(08-07-2012, 09:34 PM)jlwmanagement Wrote: ^This
I make one directory that holds my 2 mem cards and just point each instance of pcsx 2 that I may be using at the time to that location. Make frequent back ups just in case though Biggrin

No, if you have not been using standard saves, then you need to play each game and do a normal save to the memory card, then you are golden once you point 1.0 to the memory cards. Save states will not transfer over.

So all I really have to do is save the file that my memcards are in and load onto the new version?

(08-07-2012, 09:34 PM)jlwmanagement Wrote: ^This

Do you mind if you walk me through the steps so I know exactly what to do?? I would really appreciate it...
In the game, save as if you would on a PS2 (save point, etc.) It will save to the mem card file which can be transferred.
And then, go to memcards folder of your old PCSX2, move everything inside it to your new memcards (new PCSX2), which is pretty much told by ecchiless...
Is me or this should be rly easy even for the not tech savvy? Im guessing ppl dont read the stickys D:
stickies? read?

what is this you speak of?
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****