Is it possible to use more GPU & CPU?
I've been trying to play Ratchet & Clank recently and I've noticed it slow down significantly in some areas however my GPU & CPU usage never even gets to 30%. Is there a way to allow PCSX2 to use more, or is there something I can change in the settings?

I'm running the latest nightly build of PCSX2 and I have an i7-6700k @ 4.7GHz and a GTX 1070.
I'm also just using the 'Balanced' preset with MTVU on and these are my GS settings:
[Image: 4aScKIp.png]

Sponsored links

Do you have any speedhacks enabled?
(04-15-2017, 03:08 PM)Ulblast Wrote: Do you have any speedhacks enabled?

Only what the 'Balanced' preset has and MTVU
[Image: MN951Jd.png]
Disable the Preset and set EE Cyclerate to 1.
Use the OpenGL renderer and instead of custom resolution try multiples of native one.
Setting EE Cyclerate to 1 would slow it down..

unticking "large framebuffer" may help, considering how high you have the resolution.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-15-2017, 04:16 PM)refraction Wrote: Setting EE Cyclerate to 1 would slow it down..

Underclocking the emulated CPU would slow the game down no?

According to him the emulator isn't using all of his resources in the first place.
Using these settings I got it running a lot better. It still only uses around 30-40% GPU usage and barely 20% of the CPU.

[Image: uTlvPWt.png]

[Image: 7IdWxvW.png]

(04-15-2017, 04:16 PM)refraction Wrote: Setting EE Cyclerate to 1 would slow it down..

unticking "large framebuffer" may help, considering how high you have the resolution.

Unticking Large Frambuffer seemed to have no effect on performance.
This is odd. You have a beefier rig than me, but I don't experience any slowdowns with this game. And I'm only using the MTVU hack. Graphic settings I'm using OpenGL with 5x internal resolution. I'd make sure you have your CPU & GPU set to max performance
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
You have blending accuracy set to high, srt it to basic and try then.
Try setting EE to -2