Is it worth upgrading to a 1440p monitor for gaming ?
I currently have a 1080p 27" which is nice. I keep seeing many say once you go 1440p you won't come go back 1080p and it makes a big diff in gaming. Is it worth it ? Also I know I'll have to upgrade my gpu. I use my 27" 1080p at about 2 feet away everything seems fine, am I missing out ?

Sponsored links

I wouldn't recommend it if you only have a GTX 660
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Like I said I would upgrade the gpu, did you not read the whole topic ?
Oh, I didn't see that.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
why are you actually considering upgrading to 1440p monitor ? just for the visual experience ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
i would rather have a 144Hz 900p screen over a 4k screen for gaming .
(07-06-2015, 05:02 PM)ssakash Wrote: why are you actually considering upgrading to 1440p monitor ? just for the visual experience ?

People say it's really great, these are the same people are kinda of elitist a little bit though. I'm not sure just exploring options. I know I'll have to upgrade my gpu so there a lot of money involved. In the end it may be just to expensive and not worth it.
(07-06-2015, 05:38 PM)Scott111 Wrote: People say it's really great, these are the same people are kinda of elitist a little bit though. I'm not sure just exploring options. I know I'll have to upgrade my gpu so there a lot of money involved. In the end it may be just to expensive and not worth it.

In my opinion, I don't think it's worth the money involved. In the end you will just have a monitor with better visual capabilities and a GPU for rendering games at higher resolution with lots of extra features. It would have been better invested in something else though It might not be the same for you. Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
depends on the distance between you and the monitor and the dpi.
It is always the same. Probably some well written articles about that in the web.
Always the same talk, "not worth it" ,"dpi distance blah blah blah". If you can, try one out and see, it's very subjective. Also, 27" on a 1080p? At 2 feet away? I'd go for it, unless your sight is pretty bad and you don't notice the difference.