Is it worth upgrading to windows 7 ?
I play most games at full speed with directx 9 ?

Sponsored links

Highly depending of hardware and current OS you have.
If you have a multicore cpu and a fairy new and powerfull gpu then sure, unlocking dx11 features and a better core menagement is always niceTongue. Considering PCSX2 even more as dx10/11 mode is usually more compatible(meaning less glitches as a rule, through like with all rules - with exceptions) than dx9.

Win7 Home Premium is generally best choice. It does have 16gb memory limit, but if you just playing games and doing normal stuff you seriously don't need to waste money over pro or ultimate releases.
All you can do really is try it for yourself, saying that, Win 7 is the first version of windows, of which I've actually liked since 98 lol, XP had an addiction to BSOD and wouldn't be happy without getting it's fix at least once a day Tongue , Vista was too 'fat' too much cr*p you didn't need in it etc, 7 is my personal favourite at least.
yeah it's worth the upgrade if you have modern hardware and have a good gpu (for aero), it might also take some time getting used to, the only thing I really dislike is windows explorer , but that is easily solved by using an explorer replacement program to manage files (such as xplorer2, xyplorer, ultraexplorer .etc)
other then that its pretty stable
You never mentioned what OS you're currently running. Seeing as how you're stuck in DirectX 9 it can only be assumed that you're on Windows XP.

If you have at least 4GB of RAM and a quad-core CPU your machine will handily run Windows 7. Newer versions of DirectX are quite optimized and you can possibly get a bit more life out of your hardware that way, especially if you have a strong GPU.
(02-05-2012, 07:27 AM)projektorboy Wrote: You never mentioned what OS you're currently running. Seeing as how you're stuck in DirectX 9 it can only be assumed that you're on Windows XP.

If you have at least 4GB of RAM and a quad-core CPU your machine will handily run Windows 7. Newer versions of DirectX are quite optimized and you can possibly get a bit more life out of your hardware that way, especially if you have a strong GPU.

If you don't mind me saying so a "quad-core" is not specifically required to run Windows 7 and a strong GPU people are talking about means an Ati Radeon HD 4xxx or above since Dx10 is supported in it or an nvidia 7900Gt (it's old but it was the first to support Dx10) or above.

If you are asking about upgrading and it's effect on Pcsx2 then it is probably worth upgrading since you will get even more Fps due to DX10/11 and less glitches as told above.
If you have any other use besides gaming I suggest you google it first.
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86
"Is it worth upgrading to windows 7 ?"

In general-- Yes, it's well worth it.

If your hardware is particularly old/weak, then it can be more optimal to stay on XP.
But that's just with the kind of computer that stands no real chance of running PCSX2 well... (single core and stuff)