Is my PC good enough to run PCSX2?
Just got PCSX2 today, got it running, and somewhat configured. I'm not quite sure if I configured it all properly to run the best with my PC, so here I am.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ (~2.7 GHz)
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 9600 GSO (768MB)
RAM: 3 Gigs

Using DirectX 9.0c, and Windows XP.

I ask because when I run Persona 3 FES, I keep getting a pretty random range of FPS. During the one fight I've had so far, it ran perfectly, but it wasn't very graphic intensive. When I get to areas with 5+ characters on screen the FPS drops below 30 to around 25. It's playable, but I wonder if I could run it better than I have now.

Sponsored links

Your CPU is weak. If you can overclock it, you will get a bit more performance out of it.

Try using the latest public beta and experiment with speedhacks. Also use native resolution.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Thanks for the response.

I'm trying to get the beta working, but it won't open the ISO. I get a "Error Opening CDVD Plugin". I'm mounting the image using Daemon tools, but I'm not quite sure how to make sure that the beta version sees that. Opening the ISO from File > Run ISO causes the same error.
If your using the Linuz ISO plugin, or using File > Run ISO, you need to unmount the image and point the plugin directly to the .iso file.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]