Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is my Win 7 Emachines good enough to run PCSX2
I just got pcsx2 and am having some bit of problems just really slow but my cpu usage is not at 90% so dont know what could be the problem

here are my specs

win7
emachines ET1831-03
Intel Pentium e5300 Dual Core @2.6 ghz
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
intergrated nvidia 7050

i think thats all you need to know if not tell me what else

i just want to know can i lower any settings to run smoothly
or what would i have to upgrade if needed

Sponsored links

u should have posted that in general discussion i think.
well firstly your system is not that good for that job. what u can do is get the r1888 and march plugins from the download section. always tick the native ps2 resolution box and use the d3d9 hardware!. also in advanced options put clamp mode to NONE it will lower combatibility but it will give some speed also. use the sound plugin that gives u more fps and last but not least use speed hacks. when u use speedhacks u must use only the ones that give u speed. this can take some to find the best that work with the game u want to play. also take a look here to find games that u can play on low-end systems like yours: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Game...to-emulate
the bigger problem u have is your gpu its so slow that will slow down everything even on native resolution (native is the faster but lowest quality one)
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
That's a very VERY slow graphics card, you'll have to either use "native" in GSdx all the time or probably better use the "software" renderer in GSdx. You should also use the latest beta and beta plugins.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins

Even if you have Win7 you can't make use of DirectX 10 due to that graphics card. CPU wise you should be OK but it depends on the game and you'll still get a lot of slowdowns caused by that graphics card but actually if you want a good PCSX2 experience you want to upgrade the graphics card for at least a 8600gt/9500gt.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(05-14-2010, 05:10 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: That's a very very slow graphics card, you'll have to either use "native" in GSdx all the time or probably better use the "software" renderer in GSdx. You should also use the latest beta and beta plugins.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins

do u copy me? Laugh (i am kidding ofc Smile )
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
ok so if i think about getting a new gfx card what is the minimum i should get either ati or nvidia works for me i dont really know that much about gfx cards but i just want to play the 2 kingdom hearts im thinking i should actually just buy a ps2 and the games maybe itll be cheaper wat do u think if you figure to get the ps2 and the two games itll run me about 100 or so
well if u only want to play ps2 games getting a ps2 and the games is better. but if u get a new card for your pc it will help in other things like watching hd video or video's on utube or playing games etc etc. but to upgrade the gpu the motherboard must have 1 pci express slot at least.
edit: also buying a new gpu doesnt mean u will be able to play all ps2 games... but if u work it through u maybe can play those 2 games u want.
yea becuase i dont really use anything that needs a uber 1337 gfx card
the thing that i do tho is photoshop but my gfx card is ok for that
so yea i think i will just get the ps2 and then when i get another comp as this one in a couple of years ill just buy a better computer and hope it works on that one

thnx for all your help tho i greatly appreciated it
(05-14-2010, 05:18 AM)xviciousx Wrote: ok so if i think about getting a new gfx card what is the minimum i should get either ati or nvidia works for me i dont really know that much about gfx cards but i just want to play the 2 kingdom hearts im thinking i should actually just buy a ps2 and the games maybe itll be cheaper wat do u think if you figure to get the ps2 and the two games itll run me about 100 or so

You're supposed to own a PS2 to run PCSX2 legally in the first place.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64