Is my computer compatible with pcsx2
ok so yeah i have a intel pentium 4 3.00GHz dual core proccesser i know its not the best but its a dual core!

anyways i have about 8 gbs of ram they are crappy sticks of ram the the slowest ram like ddr2 or something anyways

i also have NIVIDA geforce 9500 GT graphics

i am running final fantasy x
but it is extremely slow and crappy i have the newest update of pcsx2 but its so slow i cant even run harvest moon on it someone help me is my system requirements not good enough

Sponsored links

that's DEFINATLY a settings problem. are you 100% positive it's dual core though? or it it P4 HT?
(12-01-2010, 12:15 AM)Saiki Wrote: that's DEFINATLY a settings problem. are you 100% positive it's dual core though? or it it P4 HT?

im pretty sure here just to make sure ill take a pic tell me if these means i have a dual core im sure i do tho but ot make sure here

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 59131301v3_225x225_Front.jpg]
no, that's hyperthreaded, not dual core
Couldn't it be the rebranded dual core P4?
i5 520m :: ATI 5650 (700, 900) :: Samsun 830 128GB SSD:: 8GB (2x4GB) RAM
no, because I have worked on a HT p4, it shows the same thing
i really think its dual core i searched the internet and i found out how to find out if i have a dual core and it says if i look in my task manager under the process tab if there are 2 cpu boxes or whatever it means i have a dual core if there are 4 boxes it means i have quad core ext.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have a 16 "core" i5 at home. it's a quad core PC, those boxes mean nothing.
(12-01-2010, 01:11 AM)Saiki Wrote: I have a 16 "core" i5 at home. it's a quad core PC, those boxes mean nothing.

ok i did some more searching and i come to find that i have 2 proccess
and not one dual core so yeah its wierd i have 2 proccess so wouldnt u think that would be equal 2 a dual core but noooo o well time to go buy a dual core
thanks anyways guys but idk i have had differnt sites tell me differnt ways to find out if i have a dual core and some results say i do and some results say i dont but since the game is running slow i assume that i dont thanks anyways
(12-01-2010, 01:17 AM)froggygirl21 Wrote: ok i did some more searching and i come to find that i have 2 proccess
and not one dual core so yeah its wierd i have 2 proccess so wouldnt u think that would be equal 2 a dual core but noooo o well time to go buy a dual core
thanks anyways guys but idk i have had differnt sites tell me differnt ways to find out if i have a dual core and some results say i do and some results say i dont but since the game is running slow i assume that i dont thanks anyways

wow my grammer and spelling are all off
but yeah what im saying is that i have 2 processors BUT i dont have a dual core.. you would think that having 2 processors would be equal to having a dual core but obviously not cuz my pcsx2 is slow as &%#@
yes, most sites aren't tech sites, nor or the creators of such solutions technologicly sound. that's just a case of "let's put what sounds good and leave it at that" want a good way to check? if it doesn't SAY dual core, it isn't.