Is my computer good enough?
I know that a laptop isn't the most ideal way to emulate PCSX2 but I would really want to know if I can atleast get near good speed maybe around 50fps with the following specs:
Intel Core i5 4200M 2.5Ghz w/ Turbo boost up to 3.1Ghz
Nvidia GeForce 740M w/ 2GB external VRAM
4GB DDR3L 1600MHz SDRAM
Thanks

Sponsored links

(02-22-2014, 10:49 AM)PersonaXIV Wrote: I know that a laptop isn't the most ideal way to emulate PCSX2 but I would really want to know if I can atleast get near good speed maybe around 50fps with the following specs:
Intel Core i5 4200M 2.5Ghz w/ Turbo boost up to 3.1Ghz
Nvidia GeForce 740M w/ 2GB external VRAM
4GB DDR3L 1600MHz SDRAM
Thanks

50fps? Ok, not in all games but yes, your laptop can able to achieve 60fps in some games on native resolution ! I.e.. Kindom hearts,etc
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(02-22-2014, 10:52 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: 50fps? Ok, not in all games but yes, your laptop can able to achieve 60fps in some games on native resolution ! I.e.. Kindom hearts,etc

Will I be able to play Persona 3 FES with atleast 50 FPS?
pop your PS2 DVD in and give a try.

To me, it should be enough
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
to be honest it's hard to say, everyone's pc/laptop can function slightly differently to someone else's,even if they have the same machine

all-sort's of things can affect the performance, such as anti-virus software and other programs that run in the background,

best thing i can say is try it, it'll either work or it'll be as slow as a snail Smile

i enjoy playing my old games even when they don't run at full speed, sometimes it can be an advantage for the game to be slower

also Don't forget to install the Visual Studio 2013 redistributable
you can Download it from Here (in-case you missed it on the downloads page Wink )
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
Ok thanks, I'm gonna give it a try once the game arrives, hoping it will go all good Smile .
Thanks for replying Laugh
UPDATE 4/21/2014
After upgrading my processor to Intel Core i7 4500U (1.80ghz with Turbo Boost up to 3.0ghz) suprisingly the game plays in 50+FPS using integrated graphics and it runs at 60FPS using NVIDIA.
Mellow Guys I am going to get Dell Venue 8 Pro ,

I dont want to play games like GOD OF WAR or FINAL FANTASY or any complicated game , I just want to know if it can run any any game playable???

Here are the specs :
System chip:
Intel Atom Bay Trail-T
Processor:
Quad core, 1.8 ghz, Atom Z3740D
Graphics processor:
Yes
System memory:
2 GB RAM

Thank you!
(04-21-2014, 11:41 AM)Haseeb_BSAA Wrote: Mellow Guys I am going to get Dell Venue 8 Pro ,

I dont want to play games like GOD OF WAR or FINAL FANTASY or any complicated game , I just want to know if it can run any any game playable???

Here are the specs :
System chip:
Intel Atom Bay Trail-T
Processor:
Quad core, 1.8 ghz, Atom Z3740D
Graphics processor:
Yes
System memory:
2 GB RAM

Thank you!
open your own thread instead of rudely hijacking someone else's, please.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Rudely?? Hijacking?? DAFUQ??? Please dont ruin my post if you are a NOOB and cant answer my question!
At that thread I couldnt get a good answer thats why I posted here and its not your duty to tell me what to do! I'll post where ever the hell I want , any objections? NOOB??