Is my computer too old for PCSX2?
Hi. My question is quite siple, as you see in the subject, I downloaded Pcsx2 half a year ago, I had tried Pcsx-Reloaded and concretely finished FF VII, VIII and IX and Metal Gear Solid, I wanted to play the continuations of these games as I did almost 10 years ago, so I searched and found Pcsx2, when I downloaded the games at first I understood that they didn't work because my hard disk was almost full, from 1TB y had less than 100GB free, but last month I used MacKeeper to eliminate any file that could be dangerous. I also made a clean up in applications and now I have almost 600GB free, which means also that my RAM is quite better than before.
But games still run quite slow! well, it's a BIG difference from the 1st time (From 10-20fps to 30-40)... But still got problems, I checked this forum and tried almost every tip. The Speed Hacks, Graphics/Sound settings... So my question is if this is gonna happen me with every single game or if it's just that I choose uncompatible games... Well, I talk too much, my mac is:

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz
4GB of RAM
nVidia GeForce 8800GS (512MB)

My OS is Snow Leopard. But I don't feel like changing to Lion as everyone told me it sucks...

Shold I be able to play those games at a fluent rythm (maybe not 60fps all the time... but like between 45 and 60?) but I didn't enable the right tips?

Thanks!

Sponsored links

Quote:when I downloaded the games

Please read rule #1 of the forums. This thread has been reported for piracy.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go