Is my computer too slow ?
Hi everyone ! I'm beginning to think that maybe my computer is too slow to emulate PS2 games.
I've read the configuration guide and set the emulator accordingly but I seem to have random FPS drops with every game (I only tested Metal Gear Solid 2 and God Hand so far but the FPS drops almost every 2 seconds, I couldn't even get past the MGS2 intro because of that)
Here are my computer specs :

[Image: 1352814312-config.jpg]

Hope you guys can help me, thanks in advance !

Sponsored links

your gpu weak

pcsx2 emulator uses gpu speed bandwidth gb/s and your cpu ok meet recommended speed near 3.4ghz 4 core just ur gpu weak

go get sapphire hd 6670 low profile 1gb ddr5(no need additional power use only slot power) bandwidth is 60gb/s

requirement
PCI 2.0 x16 slot
minimium power 400watt
(11-13-2012, 05:05 PM)knightt Wrote: your gpu weak

pcsx2 emulator uses gpu speed bandwidth gb/s and your cpu ok meet recommended speed near 3.4ghz 4 core just ur gpu weak

go get sapphire hd 6670 low profile 1gb ddr5(no need additional power use only slot power) bandwidth is 60gb/s

requirement
PCI 2.0 x16 slot
minimium power 400watt

umm, the 5750 is more powerful than the 6670. You can even look at this HW Compare benchmark of the 2, i've even been generous and chosen the crapper 5750 they have against the best 6670 they have.

http://www.hwcompare.com/10883/radeon-hd...0-oem-1gb/

Anyway, the Systems is fine, it depends what the problem is with speed and what game etc.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-13-2012, 03:46 PM)Smith 117 Wrote: Hi everyone ! I'm beginning to think that maybe my computer is too slow to emulate PS2 games.
I've read the configuration guide and set the emulator accordingly but I seem to have random FPS drops with every game (I only tested Metal Gear Solid 2 and God Hand so far but the FPS drops almost every 2 seconds, I couldn't even get past the MGS2 intro because of that)
Here are my computer specs :

Hope you guys can help me, thanks in advance !

hi smith.

well, i have the same graphic card and an AMD Phenom II x4 940 (3.00 Ghz) and i run every game at full speed almost everywhere. my and your cpu/GC should be more than enough from my experience.

1) try to set the emu to "balance" or "aggressive" (see the picture below)

2) eneable the speed hack in the picture (see picture below)

and let me know

[Image: 1352814312-config.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Like I said in my first post, I only tried MGS2 and God Hand so far, and I have FPS drops every 2/5 seconds with both games. The sound slows down too so it's pretty annoying.
1) try to set the emu to "balance" or "aggressive" (see the picture below)

2) eneable the speed hack in the picture (see picture below)

and let me know

PS
use pcsx2 1.00
use direct11 hardware and set 3x (in the video config)
Looks like it works better now, I still have some drops but it's much more playable now, thanks !
gald to help you!

have you tried "aggressive" mode?

anyway remember that mgs is one of the most hard ps2 games to emulate so almost every other game should run 100% everywhere!Wink
this 6670 1gb is 1gb DDR5 not DDR3 please take note ty and 6670 1gb ddr5 is stronger than 5750 no matter how you compare

here the review of 6670 1gb DDR5 low profiles
http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/13...-card.html

and always look for search and review which GPU to buy

and it seem like his gpu is ddr3!!!