Is my next to be laptop good enough for PCSX2?
Sorry i thought since it was basically the exact same question it was the correct place. And yea its a desktop replacement laptop. A fat ass 1 that's heavy and eats all the power lol. And space isint an issue for me. I have a decent collection of externals I've built up over the years.

Sponsored links

(01-03-2014, 01:30 PM)mirh Wrote: if i had to buy a laptop
my choice would always go to AMD apus
probably for the cpu part intel is better and less battery hungry (17W TDP)

but actually.. why use (and pay) for two GPUs (which eat energy, 25W) when you could go for a single and equally powerful one?
buy an A10 powered laptop (25-35W) and you won't have to worry for nvidia optimus technology too Tongue

The two GPUs on those laptops don't run at the same time.
(01-03-2014, 08:19 PM)metalmallow Wrote: The two GPUs on those laptops don't run at the same time.
yes, i know nvidia optimus exists
but i always felt like it's a "workaround"

in my opinion a single. more integrated solution would be better
Not really. Underclocked, mobile AMD CPUs don't really have the horsepower for PCSX2.
(01-04-2014, 02:48 AM)metalmallow Wrote: Not really. Underclocked, mobile AMD CPUs don't really have the horsepower for PCSX2.

I have to agree with this.
The i7 has a U so its an ultrabook version meaning its dual-core and less powerful, try get the M version or the QM which is quadcore. As for GPU, I really wouldnt worry as its more than enough.

New: Dell Inspiron 15 7580 | Intel i7-8565U @ 1.8 GHz | 16 GB DDR4 RAM | GeForce MX150 2 GB

Old: Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 | Intel i7-4702MQ @ 2.2 GHz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM | GeForce GT 740M 1 GB

Just wanted anyone curious enough to ask, an i7 Processor with Intel graphics can run some PCSX2 games at 60Fps.
But trying to record the video slows the Fps to about 5-10 Fps. Really laggy, and the newer games were only running about 30Fps.
(01-04-2014, 02:48 AM)metalmallow Wrote: Not really. Underclocked, mobile AMD CPUs don't really have the horsepower for PCSX2.
I'd be curious to see benchmarked one of the new A-10

knowing that a 1.9ghz APU (AMD A4-3300M) makes 28.37 FPS in the pcsx2 cpu benchmark (and that was based on the old Llano core)
i would expect that the newer (trinity) A10 cpus could reach the coveted 60FPS
what do you think?

ps. finger crossed for the incoming Unified Memory Architecture
@Roger Triton
if you are talking about the dual core i7 that's normal. they only have 2 cores which are completely busy with the emulation
It also depends really much on which game you play.. i can play spy vs. spy on +4k resolution easily, but i can't even get midnight club 3 dub edition to run above 30fps ingame native.
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x4 955 @ 3.4Ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 560-Ti Hawk
RAM: Kingston ValueRam 4GB 1333 @ 1600
PSU: XFX PRO550W

(01-04-2014, 03:39 PM)dutch_coffee Wrote: It also depends really much on which game you play.. i can play spy vs. spy on +4k resolution easily, but i can't even get midnight club 3 dub edition to run above 30fps ingame native.

That's a desktop CPU clocked higher than most mobile ones.