Is my notebook good for PCSX2?
Here's my specs, and I want to know if I'll be able to emulate PS2 games smoothly with my notebook

Thanks

[Image: SS-2010-06-03_171024.png]

Sponsored links

you have a weak GPU.
intensive games will be a pain to run.
dunno about the cpu though.
what's its clockspeed ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-04-2010, 08:49 PM)jesalvein Wrote: you have a weak GPU.
intensive games will be a pain to run.
dunno about the cpu though.
what's its clockspeed ?

not sure if this helps....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Notebooks aren't the best solution trying PCSX2 to run games smoothly. Your CPU is probably clocked around 1.8 to 2.4 Ghz. It's enough for a couple of games. But you shouldn't expect 3D games to run at an enjoyable speed. Try some 2D games. They might work.

*Just to mention*

If the second picture is correct your CPU is already boiling. I'd consider not to try to hard to make PCSX2 run.
OH MY GOD 95c oO get your pc now to somebody to open it and clean it inside before it burns. everything more than 70-80 is bad image 95 Wacko i am serious man go clean it, and if this doesnt help ask him to reaply thermal paste on both gpu and cpu and a good one also
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(06-26-2010, 01:43 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: OH MY GOD 95c oO get your pc now to somebody to open it and clean it inside before it burns. everything more than 70-80 is bad image 95 Wacko i am serious man go clean it, and if this doesnt help ask him to reaply thermal paste on both gpu and cpu and a good one also

I'm getting laptop fan/cooler soon off Amazon, all I know is that it will cool it down a bit

How much does the fan/cooler really help though?

I heard it cleans out something inside while your laptop is on top of the cooler/fan

I do know friend who can clean it out, it's not cheap, but I will consider once I have enough money

Sad
at least ONCE a year (or 2 better....) you should clean the interior of the laptop and yes the cooler will help AFTER you clean it cause probably the air cant get through.. better do quick whatever you do before it dies Tongue
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest