Is my pc ready for a good gamin?
I want to get as much feedback about my pc. Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel core 2 duo 2.8GhZ
Vid Card: Geforce 9400GT
Ram: 2gb ddr2 667

So is my pc able to play pcsx2 nicely? I want to use pcsx2 to play Rpg games(final fantasy games, xenosagas and Suikoden games). What are your recommendations and your feedbacks?
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz

Sponsored links

your cpu is pretty good,maybe with a litte overclock to 3.6 you will be able to play most games full speed but your bottleneck there is your gpu,you will have to play most games in native mode and even if you do that i dunno if you will reach full speed on some heavy-gpu titles.
But as a kind of sum up,you will be able to play those kind of games (rpg) with some speedhacks
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
(08-22-2010, 05:40 PM)diegochiha Wrote: your cpu is pretty good,maybe with a litte overclock to 3.6

[Image: 4zyywi3o1otq.jpg]
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Enermax Triathlor 450W PSU
I lol'd.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0GHz
MOB: ECS A780GM-A
GPU: XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
RAM: 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 400MHz
@ SamSoNight ; DarkFang

Damn that was really mean Tongue,oh and btw whats that joke for ?,his cpu is good,not that good but good enough for some rpgs i think,despite of his bad gpu.
And also you two are not helping at all,you are just increasing your post count ...
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
^

Thanks for the reply mate. Anyway, since im new to ps2 emulation, can you give me the definitions of some terms? Like what does "native" mean? And if possible, can you give a possible best set of plugins to use for those types of games and if possible, the best settings considering my current pc setup? Info will be much appreciated.Smile
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz
(08-22-2010, 08:49 PM)diegochiha Wrote: @ SamSoNight ; DarkFang
And also you two are not helping at all,you are just increasing your post count ...

So be it.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0GHz
MOB: ECS A780GM-A
GPU: XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
RAM: 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 400MHz
your PC will do fine on native, if mine can do fine, yours can too
Native refers to an option in gsdx. Meaning you will have to play games in the resolution that games actually run in on the ps2. With a very good gpu one can play at a much higher resolution than on the ps2 resulting in a much better image quality.

Settings are kind of game specific, their is no one size fits all. In general though, get the latest beta and plugins. Use gsdx for graphics and make sure you run in native, spu2-x for sound. Try using speedhacks but activate one at a time(since they can break your games) until you find your sweetspot.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
People are recommending "native resolution" because of this: "Vid Card: Geforce 9400GT"
Make it a 9800GT at least if you want some upscaling Wink