Is my setup any good?
I just wondering if I will have any problem with my current setup, and if it is with certain games which one.

Windows 7
Core 2 Duo @ 2.0Ghz
4Gb Ram
512Mb Nvidia 9600M GT

The Main games I want to play will be

FFX
FFXII
And maybe Kingdom Hearts

I am willing to sacrifice quality for good speeds.

Thank You.

Sponsored links

The CPU is a bit lacking; 2.6Ghz+ would be ideal. The graphics card is OK though.

Use the latest beta version and GSdx plugin, with D3D 10 Hardware mode.
You should be able to get good speeds with FFX, though you may need to use speed hacks.
FFXII might lag quite a bit during cutscenes.
Not sure about Kingdom hearts.

If you don't mind quality, you could check Native internal resolution.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Should get enough speed with some speedhacks enabled.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
That sucks I was hoping for better -_-,

I guess I'll look into upgrading my CPU.
By all means, try it first. You might be satisfied; you never know.
I'll try it today see how it goes, if my startup company goes well I'll get a new PC soon so either way I shall play Smile, Would a Core i7-860 @ 3.8-4.0 be overkill? And one more dumb question does pcsx2 have support for linux? I have dual boot but prefer staying in linux.
PCSX2 only takes advantage of 2 cores, even if you have 4, so a high-end dual core will do. Something like an E8400, E8500 or E8600 should be sufficient for most games, especially if overclocked. Do note that some games will still perform bad even on the best PC hardware, more so due to the quirks of emulating the PS2 rather than raw power.

As for Linux, there are Linux binaries available on the site, but, to quote the site:
Quote:While currently less stable then the Windows version, the Linux port is gradually catching up. So you may notice little things like Star Ocean not being playable, or occasional segfaults.
(10-11-2009, 12:04 AM)ahddm Wrote: I just wondering if I will have any problem with my current setup, and if it is with certain games which one.

Windows 7
Core 2 Duo @ 2.0Ghz
4Gb Ram
512Mb Nvidia 9600M GT

The Main games I want to play will be

FFX
FFXII
And maybe Kingdom Hearts

I am willing to sacrifice quality for good speeds.

Thank You.

I have a setup that's similar to yours but slightly weaker video card. With speed hacks Kingdom Hearts should run at 90-100% on your rig, I can run it fine.

EDIT - I should add, this is with the latest beta and GSDX plugin, using DX10, at native resolution no problems at all, 90-100% at 916x684 resolution (random, I knowTongue )
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit
@ boogerthe2nd I know it only uses 2 cores but I need more cores for work I do on my computer that is why I am going quad core or Hex if it is out by then, if you are wondering why I do virtualization, graphic work.

@ ph34rme Sounds good I'm sure it'll get me by till I get a new system.

Thanks Everyone.

I'll try and help with any linux development if I have time Smile
final fantasy X and kingdom hearts should run fine
XII is a little bit heavier so wont run 100% (most likely 80%)

however you are lucky
here there are many stores selling seperate laptop cpu's as well
so you can just replace the one in it (i wouldnt do it yourself but let a computerstore do it for you, cause if they break it, its their fault)
a seperate T9600 goes for about 260 euro here

Socket P
Speed 2.8GHz
CPU Core Dual
Bus Speed 4x266MHz
CPU Cache Level 2 6MB
CPU Cache Level 3 6MB
status (CPU) Boxed
Thermal Design Power 35W
CPU sSpec Number SLB47

and a Q9000 goes for about 300 euro here wich is a 2GHZ quadcore
[Image: 1454055.png]