Is there a 64bit pcsx2
where can i download it ? because it would run much much faster than any 32bit pcsx2

Sponsored links

No, it doesn't exist.

Please search the forums before posting. There are many threads about this. Smile

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-x64
Quote:because it would run much much faster than any 32bit pcsx2
how ?
Please try not to post useless things.
we don't need this here.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
pfft, you dont even know how pscx works
64bit would provide a speed increase (somewhat)
but itd take FOREVER, to convert the asm to 64bit instead of the 32bit recompilation instructions Q_Q
(11-21-2011, 01:26 AM)aaa801 Wrote: pfft, you dont even know how pscx works
64bit would provide a speed increase (somewhat)
but itd take FOREVER, to convert the asm to 64bit instead of the 32bit recompilation instructions Q_Q

do it qqq
[Image: 8rg00e-4.png]
There was a 64bit build of 0.9.4 but they took it down cuz it was slower.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

I can understand why, because if they put in thousands of hours now between lots of people they probably could easily get some speed boosts now thanks to leveraging larger instructions or something, but if they ended up doing those hundreds or thousands of hours of coding over the course of a few years, then it'll become meaningless again as the raw speed of processing will continue to increase.

So it could be just a dead loss of time, probably better spent elsewhere. Considering though I believed that PCSX2 would never be more than 2 threads being able to pop out a third one, MTVU, is pretty impressive. I think that made much more sense to do than doing a rewrite for 64bit then debugging it again. MTVU at least is following the technological trend of multi core processing.