Is this normal? (Weird FPS)
I've been playing around with my new CPU and was able to bump up the FPS on most games by around 10-15 fps (so instead of an unplayable 20, it's an unplayable 35).

I did notice that for some reason, cutscenes and cinematics run better than actual gameplay - is that supposed to happen?

For example, Dynasty Warriors 5 cutscenes work smoothly, but gameplay is horrendous (I can understand this one, since there are just so many units on the screen). Valkyrie Profile 2 gives me 60 fps, with room to spare, on cinematics and then a whopping 40fps during actual gameplay. Even Odin Sphere doesn't give me a clean 60fps, usually it hovers around 50-55fps depending on what is going on.

Am I doing something wrong? .-.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

In many games (I'm not sure about the ones you mentioned), cutscenes are pre-rendered, so you would expect them to be a LOT less demanding than normal gameplay.
what is your GPU, your full pc specs, plugins settings, pcsx2 version , os ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-20-2010, 03:56 PM)jesalvein Wrote: what is your GPU, your full pc specs, plugins settings, pcsx2 version , os ?

Attached.

PCSX2 version = 0.9.7 (r3878)

My settings are pretty much all the defaults except speedhacks are turned on.

What plugins?
I hope your main GPU is the 8800 gts,
don't forget to enable native internal res in gsdx options
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-20-2010, 04:12 PM)Tiranasta Wrote: What plugins?

Attached.

Use the SSSE3 version of GSDX. Apart from that, be sure the 8800 GTS is your primary GPU.

What are your EE and VU settings?
The settings are whatever the default is. Also, how do I change which version I'm using?
(11-20-2010, 09:45 PM)MikeSugs Wrote: The settings are whatever the default is. Also, how do I change which version I'm using?

In the plugins screen, drop down the GS plugin list and select the SSSE3 GSDX version.

Also, go in to your EE and VU settings and change clamping to 'None'. Note that I do not know how compatible that setting is with the games you're playing, but provided nothing breaks that should provide a speed up.