Is this not enough? (General lag)
I'm still a bit new to configuring this emulator and I've been trying to get it working properly for quite a while now.

I don't have many PS2 games, but from the ones I've tested (GT-3, DDR Extreme, and Radiata Stories), they all run slowly (30-45 fps) with the exception of in-game menus.

The lag starts as soon as I run the game I want to play, right where the "Playstation 2" logo fades in with sound stuttering and such.

System spec:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
2 gb DDR2-800 ram
AMD Athlon II x2 240 Regor 2.8 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 4200 HD @ 750 MHz (Yes, I OC'd onboard video. Seems to improve fps in some games.)

Is this system not enough to have a playable experience?

I have Aero set to disable whenever I run the emu.

Using PCSX2 0.9.7.1113 svn

GS: GSdx 3068 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 [GSdx-SSE2]
SPU2: SPU2-X r3117 1.4.0 [SPU2-X]

I'm mainly interested in trying to play Radiata Stories but at the title screen I'm getting a terrible 15 fps or so. I just want the game to be playable rather than waiting several seconds after hitting a button to execute a command.

Pardon my ignorance if I misunderstand what I'm trying to do. =/ I appreciate any help you might be able to offer.

Sponsored links

You should try oveclocking your cpu, you'll need at least a 3ghz cpu in order to play ps2 games with reasonable speeds. I've overclocked my x2 245 to 3.7ghz and it's pretty stable on linux. It wasn't stable on windows but you could try lower values like 3.4ghz.

Enabling the safe/recommended speed hacks helps a lot too.
Athlon II x2 245 (@3.6Ghz), 6gb DDR3 1333, GeForce GTS250 2gb Ram, Linux Mint 12 32bit.
(07-05-2010, 10:44 PM)Otaku_stuck_in_MS Wrote: ATI Radeon HD 4200 HD @ 750 MHz (Yes, I OC'd onboard video. Seems to improve fps in some games.)

No Tongue2
(07-05-2010, 11:17 PM)rama Wrote:
(07-05-2010, 10:44 PM)Otaku_stuck_in_MS Wrote: ATI Radeon HD 4200 HD @ 750 MHz (Yes, I OC'd onboard video. Seems to improve fps in some games.)

No Tongue2

Ugh, bummer. Funny how I can emulate the Wii and several other consoles on here at full speed but the PS2 struggles. I guess it utilizes a much different processing architecture than the rest.

Frame skipping wouldn't help at all? I tried messing with it but it didn't improve anything.

Ah well, it was a fun experiment anyway.
speedhacks may help you, frameskipping too.
try speedhacks 1 by 1. don't enable them all in the same time to avoid problems

edit : by the way : by comparing Wii emu & PS2 emu, you're just comparing apples & oranges.
PS2 is REALLY harder to emulate.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-06-2010, 12:03 AM)jesalvein Wrote: speedhacks may help you, frameskipping too.
try speedhacks 1 by 1. don't enable them all in the same time to avoid problems

edit : by the way : by comparing Wii emu & PS2 emu, you're just comparing apples & oranges.
PS2 is REALLY harder to emulate.

Yeah. I'm thinking there's a lot more timing structure involved with PS2 emulation rather than complex coding.

I might give it another shot when I upgrade my video chipset. I've got my eyes set on buying an HD 4650 eventually.
Try checking the "native" option in GSdx or using a (Software) renderer, might give you better speed.

Activate frameskip by pressing shift+F4 while playing, could help too and maybe you just didn't activate it before.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
i got little problem here,i have try a Monster Hunter 2 in PCSX2 0.9.7.3113 and yeah it is good when it comes to playing,but the problems lies in the loading time,i dont know why,every time i want to load a current game,or when i already finish the quest, its just like freezing,and have to wait for a moment to load it again.is there anyone know why its like that?

my current PC spec is :
Windows XP SP2
Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz
GeForce 9500 GT
DDR1 1GB
(07-06-2010, 06:14 AM)roz Wrote: i got little problem here,i have try a Monster Hunter 2 in PCSX2 0.9.7.3113 and yeah it is good when it comes to playing,but the problems lies in the loading time,i dont know why,every time i want to load a current game,or when i already finish the quest, its just like freezing,and have to wait for a moment to load it again.is there anyone know why its like that?

my current PC spec is :
Windows XP SP2
Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz
GeForce 9500 GT
DDR1 1GB

And how exactly does your question related to this thread? Do not hijack random threads, create a new one for your problems (or reply to one that has some similarities)
I guess you're running from a disc, try an ISO. Also your PC is really slow for PCSX2 (and I don't know why you still run SP2 and not SP3 of XP)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
well maybe im posting not in the right place,yeah even so i play monster hunter just as fast as the PS2 (FPS) but the problems is in loading time and btw is there a problem from XP SP2?cuz i've read some forum in other site that XP SP2 is the most compatible OS of all series of XP,correct me if im wrong thnks Smile...