Is this what I should expect?
Hi, I just started playing with pcsx2 1.0. I'm using an i7 2600k I believed overclocked to 4.4(says target speed 4400mhz at startup). For my video card I'm using the arcade vga3000 since this is for a real arcade cabinet. I've read and tried many settings but still have slow speeds. If I use directx9 hardware I get graphic errors and if I use software it seems better and gets rid of graphic errors like white bar in middles of game (shrek). When I play mortal kombat I run at around 45-50 fps. This is playable but not really enjoyable. Any one have any ideas since I've tried just about everything I've read or is this about all I can get? Also tried scarface but also had major lag along with god of war II. Should mention I'm running as iso. Thanks for any help.

Sponsored links

I'm pretty sure that GPU is too weak for PCSX2...
Input turbo mode 100 %, when in game press tab,,, that may help...
(12-02-2012, 11:30 AM)billyash Wrote: Input turbo mode 100 %, when in game press tab,,, that may help...

It won't: turbo is used when you want the fps to be limited at an higher value than 50/60. To achieve it pcsx2 will use more computing power, if don't have enough power to play at the standard 50/60 FPS, turbo mode won't have any effect.
Ryzen 7 3800X | Noctua NH-D14| Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro| RX Vega 64| 2*8GB Patriot Viper 3733MHz C17@3733MHz C16| Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 970EVO 512GB NVMe| 4TB Hard Drive| Samsung C25FG7 + Samsung S24D300 + Samsung S24F250| NZXT Phantom 410| Enermax Revo'Xt 730W| Gigabyte M6900
go buy palit GT 600 series or sapphire low profile hd 6670 1gb ddr5 and please go check your motherboard got PCI 2.0 x16 slot support or PCI 3.0 x16 slot!!!

cpu good !!!

GPU sux!!! can't even play most ps2 game too lag
use software mode, and use 3 threads. won't have a problem
The CPU is good enough to play all games "playable" at the moment. Just some games still have glitches and some are too demanding on the CPU.

The GPU power is needed more when upscaling or making any kind of post processing in general, like shadowing, AA, etc.

Still, even with that CPU you may need to use speedhacks on a game or another and you seem to have started with troublesome games already.
Imagination is where we are truly real
With that GPU yes
Gsdx: http://i.imgur.com/udhPu.png

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel i5-3570k @ 3.40Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX670 DirectCU II
8Gb Ram
The gpu can play games like street fighter 4 pc and also mame carnevil and nfl blitz with no problem. Those games were considered tuff games to play. Shouldn't I be able to play it on software mode with my CPU? I would really like to add this on my arcade cabinet but need to get it running a little better. What's a good known game to out my specs and settings because I was wondering if I picked some tough games to start trying go configure my set up. Thanks for replies.
(12-02-2012, 05:09 PM)Mrmikey73 Wrote: The gpu can play games like street fighter 4 pc and also mame carnevil and nfl blitz with no problem.

and my 2.2 ghz with a GeForce 8400GS could run full speed, maxed settings (not resolution) crysis. your point?

PCSX2 isn't a PC game, don't treat it like one.