Issue Starting Modes in Tekken 4
Hello!

I have been having an issue with Tekken 4 (U) (I have converted my Tekken 4 disc into an iso, which is what I am using here.), in which attempting to activate story or arcade mode (or, presumably, other modes) the announcer will welcome me to the King of Tekken Fighter Tournament or whatever, turn into a black screen, and an annoying audio glitch will occur. The black screen stays on, preventing access into any mode, making the game essentially unplayable.

My setup is the following:

Windows 8.1 Current
GEFORCE GTX 965M (laptop)
Intel Core I7
PCSX2 build 1.4.0 (Stable)

Having looked up this problem to see if anyone else had occured it, I found upon a thread from about six years ago that solved a similar problem using cheats. Unfortunately, this solution did not work for me, and I might imagine the length of time may have something to do with it. I have attempted changing my resolution to native, turning on various gamehacks (EE Timing and OPH Flag), changing various renderers, including both hardware and software (including changing rendering threads), messing about with the frame limiter, and even changing some various clamping settings, all for naught.

Thank you for reading this, and I would be very appreciate if anyone has any suggestions.

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-29-2016, 09:36 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

In attachment. Sorry for not doing this immediately!

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 9,62 KB / Downloads: 263)
Bumping.
Is the game stuck on the black screen, or is this just about the audio glitch?
(08-30-2016, 11:26 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Is the game stuck on the black screen, or is this just about the audio glitch?

It is stuck on the black screen, making the game unplayable. Sorry about not being clear.
Have you tried it from the original disc instead of the iso?
(08-30-2016, 12:01 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Have you tried it from the original disc instead of the iso?

Oh hey, that works!

It's not ideal, but your suggestion was correct! Thank you!
That means that something probably went wrong when you made the iso. It's recommended you use ImgBurn to make iso's, so if you were using other software, you should try it again with ImgBurn. Wink
(08-30-2016, 12:57 PM)FlatOut Wrote: That means that something probably went wrong when you made the iso. It's recommended you use ImgBurn to make iso's, so if you were using other software, you should try it again with ImgBurn. Wink

You know, I was pretty confident in the quality of my .iso, so I went ahead and did some more research and managed to get the .iso I was using originally to work. It turns out the actual difference was running the game as (fast) works, but running the game as (full) does not.

Weird!