Issue with MGS3 Input
I've been trying to play MGS3 Subsistence, but I keep having a specific problem. I want to be able to play the game with keyboard and mouse, but I keep running into one particular issue. PCSX2 doesn't seem to accept for lack of a better term and understanding, "virtual" input. I don't know what the technical term is but basically, if I have anything that runs in the background for the purpose of sending input, whatever input it sends is completely ignored by PCSX2. I've tried using autohotkey, hoekey, and even writing a simple C++ program that sends keys, but no matter what I do, it doesn't have any effect.

Sponsored links

Are you binding the virtually sent keys in Lilypad? While they are being sent virtually?

If so, you might try adjusting the Input APIs in Lilypad to see if it helps. (Config->Controller->Plugin Settings)
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-15-2016, 04:43 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Are you binding the virtually sent keys in Lilypad? While they are being sent virtually?

If so, you might try adjusting the Input APIs in Lilypad to see if it helps. (Config->Controller->Plugin Settings)
I have the keys the programs are sending bound to ps2 controls in lilypad. I've tried windows messaging, raw input, and direct input for the keyboard API in lilypad.
Did you bind them in the way they are sent though? When you were binding them in Lilypad, were they sent in the EXACT same way as when you are sending them but PCSX2 isn't receiving them? Lilypad binds based on device so if you bind with keys on a real keyboard, it may not work when those keys are sent virtually.

If you check that and it still doesn't work, I don't personally know.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-15-2016, 05:09 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Did you bind them in the way they are sent though? When you were binding them in Lilypad, were they sent in the EXACT same way as when you are sending them but PCSX2 isn't receiving them? Lilypad binds based on device so if you bind with keys on a real keyboard, it may not work when those keys are sent virtually.

If you check that and it still doesn't work, I don't personally know.

First I made a simple C++ program that sends a key after a delay so that I had time to switch focus from the program to lilypad, but when the key was sent after the delay, nothing was bound in lilypad. Then after that I used the device diagnostics window in lilypad and checked the keystate of the key when it was held for 10 seconds and not only does it not bind, but the WM Keyboard device never registered the key state as 1.