Issue with button pressure sensitivity (Retro Fighters Defender)
(01-12-2024, 01:16 AM)planetps2 Wrote: Do you know if there's been any progress on getting the Bluetooth Edition of the Defender to work?

Sadly no. I haven't been keeping up with their other products. I bought the Defender because I read on a few different sources that it was the most current controller available that could be used for pressure sensitivity on PCSX2, and it did work for me for a period of time, so I've been too focused on "how does i fix" to think to look into other options.

(01-12-2024, 01:16 AM)planetps2 Wrote: Did you use the PCSX2 "Auto Update" feature to update PCSX2 to the newest version? Is that when it stopped working? Could the issue be related to using the PCSX2 Auto Update feature rather than installing a new version of PCSX2 into a new folder each time? Some users have reported errors after using the Auto Updater, perhaps that's what caused your issue.

Surely at this point you would be looking for ways to get it to work again. Maybe Auto Updating PCSX2 caused it to change some unknown setting behind the scenes (registry entry?) that disabled the funtionality. If you have another computer that you could test it on again I would encourage you to do so, to see if you can avoid doing what you did before to see if you are able to keep it working. I'm very interested in getting the Defender, either version of it, if there's a clear and stable way to get pressure sensitive face buttons to work and have it stay working.

Yes, it was the auto update.

You bring up a good point about testing it on a different computer, and I have an old laptop I can test on, but even if I can get the pressure sensitivity working on it, I don't know if I'd be able to figure out how to get it working on my desktop. And I doubt that janky laptop of mine can emulate a PS2 for more than five minutes without melting, so it's not a viable alternative to my rig.

(01-12-2024, 01:16 AM)planetps2 Wrote: Though if PCSX2 could recognize the Defender and pressure sensitive face buttons natively that would be surely make this process a whole lot easier.

I agree, but I'm no developer, so I have no idea how hard that would be for the people who actually make PCSX2 usable. I'd love to see it in the future, but I also can't blame them for focusing on other things since there are still other aspects of the PS2 that aren't being emulated "correctly."

Sponsored links