Issues after BSOD (Solved)
While I was playing Kingdom Hearts (ISO) recently, I encountered a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). While I usually recover from these issues fine, this time I ran into a number of major to minor problems.

1. All saved settings were lost, requiring me to reselect BIOS and other settings.

2. Attempting to load ANY previously created save state results in an unexpected end-of-file error, suggesting that they're corrupted. This is true with ALL save states from all games, not just those of the game I was playing at the time of Blue Screen. Memory Card saves are unaffected and functional.

3.Graphics have taken a big hit in quality. Performance and sound remain unaffected as far as I can tell, but the graphics have become extremely pixel-ey, with every outline becoming horribly jagged.

4. There is now a very large amount of entries in light brown/beige on the debug window each time I load an ISO, as opposed to the standard relatively short amount of green/black entries. I'll keep from posting them here unless it's pertinent, since it's quite a bit of text.

System Information:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
System Model: Alienware X51 R2
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

PCSX2 Version 1.0.0

Any advice would be appreciated. My primary goal is getting the graphics back up to snuff.

Sponsored links

(10-24-2013, 02:19 AM)shadyShopkeep Wrote: While I was playing Kingdom Hearts (ISO) recently, I encountered a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). While I usually recover from these issues fine, this time I ran into a number of major to minor problems.

1. All saved settings were lost, requiring me to reselect BIOS and other settings.

2. Attempting to load ANY previously created save state results in an unexpected end-of-file error, suggesting that they're corrupted. This is true with ALL save states from all games, not just those of the game I was playing at the time of Blue Screen. Memory Card saves are unaffected and functional.

3.Graphics have taken a big hit in quality. Performance and sound remain unaffected as far as I can tell, but the graphics have become extremely pixel-ey, with every outline becoming horribly jagged.

4. There is now a very large amount of entries in light brown/beige on the debug window each time I load an ISO, as opposed to the standard relatively short amount of green/black entries. I'll keep from posting them here unless it's pertinent, since it's quite a bit of text.

System Information:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
System Model: Alienware X51 R2
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

PCSX2 Version 1.0.0

Any advice would be appreciated. My primary goal is getting the graphics back up to snuff.

3 (& maybe 2) - check to see if your graphics settings got switched to software mode somehow.

F9 will toggle it while the game is running.

If not you were probably running above native resolution before, but if the defaults got reset you are back at native. Uncheck that in the GSDX settings and pick one of the yX settings(2x, 3x, etc, you should be able to do 5 or 6 with that setup)

Edit: Also you might try a new install of PCSX2. You can save your memory cards from the old one so you don't lose progress.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-24-2013, 02:47 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: If not you were probably running above native resolution before, but if the defaults got reset you are back at native. Uncheck that in the GSDX settings and pick one of the yX settings(2x, 3x, etc, you should be able to do 5 or 6 with that setup)

Changing the resolution fixed it. Thanks!

Maybe the original BIOS I was using got corrupted, since I seemed to be using a different one after the BlueScreen.