Issues with Dot Hack Gu Rebirth
When ever this character Alkaid appears, either on the cut scenes or game play she is always... distorted? This isn't a corruption with all games, wondering why mine is like that.

I'm also running a little laggy with the game, just a bit, is there a way to make it run smoothly, my pcsx2 settings are at default, I have the 1.0.0 version and im on high performance as well. I know others who owned a lower spec computer than mine and seemed to run it smoothly with no problem, i don't know why i have that problem Sad can anyone help?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Windows 8 64
Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM (3.4 GHz/2.4 GHz )
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M switchable (2 GB GDDR5)
8 GB DDR3

Sponsored links

You could try putting your VU/EE Clamping to Full or Extra + Preserve Sign, whichever is the bottom option.

as for speed without seeing the numbers at the top of the GS window (as you have it full screen) i cant suggest anything.

little side note, you cant say you want to know how to make it smooth then say you have no problem running it smoothly, you're contradicting yourself ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-22-2013, 11:07 PM)refraction Wrote: You could try putting your VU/EE Clamping to Full or Extra + Preserve Sign, whichever is the bottom option.

as for speed without seeing the numbers at the top of the GS window (as you have it full screen) i cant suggest anything.

little side note, you cant say you want to know how to make it smooth then say you have no problem running it smoothly, you're contradicting yourself ;p

I must of worded it wrong, sorry. What i meant was that i know others who have a lower performance spec computer than mine and they seemed to run it smoothly but me, who has a better performance spec computer, can't seem to run it smoothly.
Windows 8 64
8 GB DDR3
Putting clamping modes to Full or Extra does nothing with Alkaid's skirt. Though, I don't remember the skirt to be soooo distorted.
My specs are: Athlon II x2 250 3GHz, 2GB RAM DDR2, Sapphire HD5570 (1GB DDR2)... and Win 7. I played it on Balanced preset with framerate drops to ~40fps during some battles and in places with too much objects to process for my weak CPU. Maybe Windows 8 is the reason of your laggy gameplay. Or... you have accidentally chosen wrong graphics adapter for gsdx plugin. I don't have any other ideas. You've got computer powerful enough for this game.
(01-23-2013, 03:49 AM)RinceWND Wrote: Putting clamping modes to Full or Extra does nothing with Alkaid's skirt. Though, I don't remember the skirt to be soooo distorted.
My specs are: Athlon II x2 250 3GHz, 2GB RAM DDR2, Sapphire HD5570 (1GB DDR2)... and Win 7. I played it on Balanced preset with framerate drops to ~40fps during some battles and in places with too much objects to process for my weak CPU. Maybe Windows 8 is the reason of your laggy gameplay. Or... you have accidentally chosen wrong graphics adapter for gsdx plugin. I don't have any other ideas. You've got computer powerful enough for this game.

Luckily i got help from someone else, they told me to changed a couple of settings, that eventually helped with the glitch on Alkaid. I think it was the interlacing changing it to auto that apparently fixed it.

Problem is, im Still lagging a bit, someone should of state the obvious to check off MTVU sheesh lol but yeah, what was that with choosing the wrong graphics adapter for gsdx plugin? What would be the correct one?

Or are you referring to the usage of the nvidia over the integrated one, i know im using the nvidia btw.

Here is pic if it helps since the other user asked for it. If anything else will help to help me like a snapshot or copy of paste of logs or any of it, please let me know cuss i really want to fix this, thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Windows 8 64
8 GB DDR3
You have full fps on that shot try to get a shot of the whole winow including the status bar when you get slowdowns so that we can help better.