Issues with FF XII
I'm having some bizzare issues with running FF XII (not IZJS) on my Ubuntu 14.04 machine. I am using the most recent version of pcsx2 available for linux.

In order to get the game to run properly, the best settings I've found (using the default GSdx and SPU2-X plugins for video and sound) are to set the PortAudio API to ALSA and the Synchronization Mode to Async Mix, while leaving the graphics options unchanged, then once the game (not the system) boots, change the PortAudo API to OSS and toggle between software and hardware mode with f9 until the opening FMV loads properly. If I don't change the audio settings in this way, the audio is heavily distorted (not in a consistent way), and if I don't mess with the graphics FMVs and some backgrounds display as a black screen.

After loading the game in this way, so long as I leave the OpenGL internal resolution settings untouched, the game will run fine at the default 2x scaling and 1024x1024 resolution, at 60 fps with slowdown only occuring during quickenings/other cinematic attacks and whenever a menu which overlays (rather than replacing) the background appears, such as when buying from a shop or viewing the start menu or map. If I change the scaling factor or resolution, I can improve the resolution of everything except for some textures and graphics, which seem to decrease in resolution, though it's possible that I am only seeing the decrease in comparison. (for example, the minimap seems to become more pixelated if I increase the scaling) and the issues with framerates will go away, however the targeting lines and reticules that appear have their colors changed from blue (player) and red (enemy) to red and yellow, along with some other minor glitches. Also, when I change the scaling and resolution back to their default values, the increased frame rate and graphical glitches remain, until I exit out of the program completely.

I've searched for things related to some of these issues, and most of what I've seen seems tailored to windows systems and the plugins associated with them. Is what I am experiencing normal, or am I doing something wrong?

I'm not sure of what is relevant, but my processor is an intel i7-4790, I have 8 gb of ram, and my graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750.

Sponsored links

Are you using any non-default settings ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Aside from those I mentioned, no.
Please post a screenshot of your gs plugin settings.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
What GPU drivers are you using? 32 or 64 bit? Are you using the PPA?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

I wanted to add that it is a bad idea to change setting on the middle of the game.

The state management is not yet 100% reliable so sometimes it just broke.