Issues with GPU and CPU: Kingdom Hearts
(07-03-2013, 12:22 AM)Koji Wrote: This, your CPU is downclocking when it gets too hot. This is to prevent it from crashing/melting... all that bad stuff. The best solution is to get a laptop cooling pad. Basically, they are just a pad to put under the laptop that has extra fans that usually plugs into the laptop's USB ports for power. That should hopefully allow for enough cooling to keep your laptop from slowing down.

Local electronic stores will have them in the $20-30 range... but if you go through places like Newegg, you can find some as low as $10.

I was thinking about that just right know. I will buy one soon, thanks for the advice.

(07-03-2013, 12:55 AM)abyssaldesignatorify Wrote: It overheats after 2 minutes? How old is your laptop? When is the last time do you clean your fan? Is your laptop getting good airflow (play it on a flat surface)?
Start the task manager and see how much cpu usage used. Try checking your core temp with some 3rd party software.

No you don't need cooling pad if you take good care of your laptop, and some laptop are not meant to run at 100% processor load all the time. FPS can also go down if your laptop goes to a power saving mode.

Yes, between 2 and 5 minutes. It was purchased on January, 2012, so... a year and a half approximately. I have never cleaned my fan because my computer presents some difficulty when opening. Apparently it is some kind of badly fixed internal piece. I tried this morning again, but no luck. I will go to an informatic store and see if they can open it.

(07-03-2013, 03:25 AM)Dante3hs Wrote: Make sure to set your laptops power plan to high performance too.

Actually, it is always in high performance.

(07-03-2013, 03:57 AM)The Old Refuge Wrote: just run Core temp and give use a pic Smile ( while slowdowns )

[Image: dw4.png]

Here you are. What it is strange is that CPU does not go further 35-40% Power... What do you think? Thank you all for your answers Smile

Sponsored links

where is Core Temp ? Tongue
Was just thinking that myself. None of those windows show us the temperature of your cpu. Go download core temp and find out what your cpu temp is when slowdowns occur.

Also if your cpu is downclocking due to temperature, it wont read it as running 100%.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(07-03-2013, 04:54 PM)The Old Refuge Wrote: where is Core Temp ? Tongue

I am sorry, I thought that you meant that... Sad I am kinda noob... Core temp is the temperature of the CPU? There are aplications to control that, right? Or can I do it without downloading anything?
You will need to download a program. You can download core temp and use it from HERE .
[Image: klh3.png]

Here you are guys. As you can appreciate, the FPS have suffered their common slowdown (30-50, in general) and the laptop is... 96º Celsius... (204.8 Farenheit). So, it is clear that we are talking about a case of overheating, isn't it? Which are the possible solutions? The cooler pad and what else? Cleaning the fan will be possible soon, when I take my laptop to a store. What do you think?

Thank you all for your answers.
(07-03-2013, 05:53 PM)Llednar Wrote: [Image: klh3.png]

Here you are guys. As you can appreciate, the FPS have suffered their common slowdown (30-50, in general) and the laptop is... 96º Celsius... (204.8 Farenheit). So, it is clear that we are talking about a case of overheating, isn't it? Which are the possible solutions? The cooler pad and what else? Cleaning the fan will be possible soon, when I take my laptop to a store. What do you think?

Thank you all for your answers.

yep doing these 2 options will sure do it Smile
It seems ironical that my laptop's model is an "Aspire": it does not "aspire" either breath too much in my opinion ! hahaha
Good ol' acers lol. Yeah get a cooling pad and get the fan cleaned asap. If you can keeps the temps in check, you should be fine Smile.
Don't even try running any games or emulators on that until you deal with the heat. 96C is enough to break it and cause constant BSODs.

Clean it out and get a cooling pad ASAP, your computer is likely already damaged if you've been letting it get to that temperature frequently.
i5-3570k @4.7 GHz
GTX 570
Asus Z77 SABERTOOTH
12GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1666
Cooler Master Storm Scout & Corsair TX 650w