Issues with Tekken 5
Hi,

I just checked out PCSX2 for the first time and since "Tekken 5" is listed as "working" I was a bit confused by the results.

First I tried "Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution" (USA) and saw perfect gameplay just shy of 60fps. Then I tried "Tekken 5" (USA) and it was a slide show at around 4.5fps regardless of if it was actual gameplay or just drawing a spinner on the loading screen.

Console spams "ALSA lib pcm.c:7963Sadsnd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred" when using "PortAudio". (with Tk5 but not VF4.) "No Sound" or "SDL Audio" gave no error prints but ran at the same speed.

Before the game loads there is a sequense from an old space shooter and that runs at 60fps (but generates the same underrun prints). As soon as the shooter goes away the framerate drops to below 5 (even during black loading screen).

Ubuntu 16.04 - iGPU "Mesa 12.1.0-devel - padoka PPA" - "i5-4570S, 8GB"

Sponsored links

Which PCSX2 version ? What is your GSdx configuration ?
Ah yes the issue is likely the version, you likely have 1.4 which require to disable depth emulation on the GSdx panel. Otherwise try to pick a git version of GSdx, it will work better.
(09-26-2016, 01:45 PM)gregory Wrote: Ah yes the issue is likely the version, you likely have 1.4 which require to disable depth emulation on the GSdx panel. Otherwise try to pick a git version of GSdx, it will work better.

yes and yes! Disabling depth emulation got me to 50-60 fps.

Thanks!
Latest GSdx will better emulate all the various effects. And it will be fast even with depth on.