Issues with game startup; plugin issues?
Hello,

Apologies to the admins for the last post. I've taken the time to get the BIOS off my PS2, but the issue persists. So here's the same post.

I'm trying to start up Final Fantasy X using CDVD; I have the original disc in the disc drive. I go to Volumes, select the disc, and then there's a .img inside. I assume this is the game and select that to load.

For both Boot CDVD (full) and "fast," a blank window opens up, and then I get an error message, telling me either that the CDVD plugin failed to open because my computer has insufficient resources or my hardware/drivers are incompatible. I've included a screenshot for that part.

I go back to the Plugin settings, which I've already configured, and the Sound Plugin always goes back to the "null" plugin. So, I turn it back to the ZeroSPU2 Playground, hit "apply," then I get stuck. Two things happen:

1) I won't be able to close the Plugin menu, forcing me to quit XQuartz and restart, after which I lose my changes of the Sound Plugin.

2) I can close it, but the boot CDVD function no longer opens up a blank window.

I will try to use Imgburn to rip the ISO off my disc. For that I have a question; would I still run the CDVD or would I run ELF?

All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsored links

You would still run the CDDVD, ELF's are like custom software if im not mistaken
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
(07-14-2012, 03:10 AM)soratidus999 Wrote: You would still run the CDDVD, ELF's are like custom software if im not mistaken

Okay, so the problem is not using original disc. Any other ideas why my CDVD plugin isn't working?
Mac Port cannot play physical disc.
turn it into an iso, and run it through pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Uhm, Jesalvein, isnt this guy just asking the same question as in the last thread, where he got warned for piracy?
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
(07-15-2012, 02:46 AM)Kaze Wrote: Uhm, Jesalvein, isnt this guy just asking the same question as in the last thread, where he got warned for piracy?

Yeah, I did. I went and got my BIOS off my PS2. Same problem persists though.

I honestly didn't mean to cause any trouble.
(07-15-2012, 03:01 AM)philam Wrote: Yeah, I did. I went and got my BIOS off my PS2. Same problem persists though.

I honestly didn't mean to cause any trouble.

Well, it ain't in my place to judge you anyways.

Wich version of PCSX2 Mac do you use?
Can you post the bash log?
(07-15-2012, 03:03 AM)Kaze Wrote: Well, it ain't in my place to judge you anyways.

Wich version of PCSX2 Mac do you use?
Can you post the bash log?

I appreciate it, I really do. The last thing I want to do us cause trouble.

I'm using the 0.9.7 Alpha. I will post the bash log as soon as possible. Just to clarify, is it the regular terminal log that opens when I start the program?
(07-15-2012, 03:09 AM)philam Wrote: I appreciate it, I really do. The last thing I want to do us cause trouble.

I'm using the 0.9.7 Alpha. I will post the bash log as soon as possible. Just to clarify, is it the regular terminal log that opens when I start the program?

It looks like a terminal log, but it is a X11 console log. ^_^
(07-15-2012, 03:15 AM)Kaze Wrote: It looks like a terminal log, but it is a X11 console log. ^_^

Ok thanks. I've seen it before.