Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It will be a sad day when AMD goes out of business
Intel will have a monopoly and CPUs will at least double in price. AMD really needs to pull some crazy crap to keep in the game but lately AMD has been killing themselves sadly. At this point in time AMD will never be able to catch. Intel has been dominating the CPU market for years now.

AMD recently laid off a lot of workers including engineers. Now that's a really bad sign when a company lays off the engineers.

Of course AMD will still be around for a few more years (maybe) but they are slowly dying.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-575316...s-workers/

This will be a sad day when Intel has no competition. Intel themselves will be happy but for us consumers its bad news.. Prices will sky rocket.

What do you all think of this?

inb4AMD=FINISHED
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3

Sponsored links

intel is develop driven, they dont care about competition, they just want to make newer stuff, because they like it.

amd will not go out of business that easely because there is a market for cheap computers that do the job just fine, that amd has less lead in the cpu market doesnt mean there isnt a demand for it. also they have gpu's as well. not that nvidea isnt dominating that department for now but it is a better place compaired to the cpu competition.
------------------------
------------------------
trolling mode: ACTIVE!
True but comparing AMD to Intel is no contest though. Intel is widely better than AMD is. Even some intel's cheapest chips can out perform AMD's stronger chips.
(10-21-2012, 05:11 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: True but comparing AMD to Intel is no contest though. Intel is widely better than AMD is. Even some intel's cheapest chips can out perform AMD's stronger chips.

i think you made that clear in the first post, why keep burning about this? its just flaming if you ask me....
------------------------
------------------------
trolling mode: ACTIVE!
I think there are some engineers/investers with good ideas and maybe money who is just waiting to jump in, in case of no competition for Intel.
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
"Intel is better than AMD"... It's like saying "Ferrari is better than Toyota", if you put your foot to metal, they will both be driving fast enough for most of your needs. Yes the Ferrari is faster, but why do so many buy a Toyota, then ? If they cost the same people would buy the Ferrari... But the Toyota is fast enough for the price.
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
Car analogies don't belong with the discussing of PC parts. What you just said makes no sense.
Yes it does. We are talking about performance vs. price vs. ones needs. I could also use TV's or kitchen appliances as analogies.
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
(10-21-2012, 05:11 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: True but comparing AMD to Intel is no contest though. Intel is widely better than AMD is. Even some intel's cheapest chips can out perform AMD's stronger chips.

Not 100% true. Usually in the low-mid markets, AMDs offer better price for performance. AMD may not go out of business, but they will suffer. I like how Intels are powerful, but HATE how much they charge and how they strongarmed the pre-built market.
AMD's are pretty much meant for media base systems. They're not good for gaming. I mean sure you can do it but you might as well stick with Intel if you want to do gaming.