Ivalice SE: Final fantasy XII Save Editor (IZJS version OUT NOW!)
Oh Sweet, Link fixed, Thanks BIG TIME!

Sponsored links

when I try to open ivalice se it says that I lack TABCTL32.OCX so I downloaded it and tried to open it with regsvr32, but when I do its says it loaded but the call to dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x8002801c. i've gone to youtube and all over to figure out how to fix it but everything I try doesn't work. im not sure if its the problem but I run windows 8 and all of the tutorials for this fix are for windows 7. can someone plz help me I really want to get this to work.
aren't people supposed to be helpful on these things? -_-
(04-01-2010, 05:35 AM)Aten Wrote: i have a .rar that contains all the .dlls and .osx that you need to install it into windows 7 and to made the aplication works perfect on it. The .rar contains the following files:

COMDLG32.OCX
MSCOMCTL.OCX
msstdfmt.dll
TABCTL32.OCX

When I open the TABCTL32.OCX file with regsvr32, i got the Following error:

"C:/..blah blah../TABCTL32.OCX" was loaded but the call to DllregisterServer Failed with error code 00x8002801c. for more information on this problem..blah blah blah.

I googled for an our on this and havent found a solution. Also, just to be clear, id like to know the exact registry location for all the other files please. My OS is Windows 8 so i know that could cause a probelm but all my system folders are there. I do have a System32 file in windows, so it shouldnt be a problem. But i also have a file called SysWOW64 witch i assume is my 64bit OS system registry. The program wont run still so when anyone can get back to me on this id be a happy gamer Wink

***UPDATED***
Problem solved

For me, I had to run command promtp as Admin, then type the following command exactly like this: regsvr32 tabctl32.ocx
then the file finally registered. I ended up having to do the exact same thing with the msstdfmt.dll file as well. So there you go Biggrin
I can see that you had the same problem as I, but it looks like you had more luck, i'll try your solution. thanx for your persistence. Smile much appreciated
I got an error saying the module failed to load at the top and saying that it could not be found at the bottom.
my Ivalice.exe won't run says I'm missing msstdfmt.dll. I've downloaded the file but i dont know where to install it. i tried my system folders and none of them work when i try opening ivalice
There is an attachment at the end of the first post.
(12-16-2013, 11:17 PM)Lyrithus Wrote: ***UPDATED***
Problem solved

For me, I had to run command promtp as Admin, then type the following command exactly like this: regsvr32 tabctl32.ocx
then the file finally registered. I ended up having to do the exact same thing with the msstdfmt.dll file as well. So there you go Biggrin

This worked for me, thanks.
Hi, just registered to say that I was having the same problem trying to get the Final Fantasy V (SNES) editor to work. In addition to running a command prompt (in my case PowerShell) as admin by using Win+X, I had to type regsvr32 c:\windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.ocx and not regsvr32 %Systemroot%\SysWOW64\comdlg32.ocx as was directed by the developer's website.

I then repeated the process for each of the Visual Basic files required for the program to run. Hope this helps someone.

(I'm using Windows 10)