JAK 3 horrible FPS and graphics bugs
Exactly what the title says. this game runs horrible on my pcsx2. with my default settings i use for most games it works at about 20fps. when i push the speed hacks to complete limit i get about 40-50 fps but its still pretty unplayable. that and graphics bugs everywhere as well. according to the pcsx2 compatibility list it is fully playable so any advice peeps? Smile

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'm using quad core q6600 intel @ 2.4 ghz but overclocked to 3.2
ATI Radeon HD 5830 GB graphics card
4 GB DDR2 Ram
windows 7 32 bit

I am using the latest build of pcsx2 which is 0.99.5085 (svn)

almost all of my settings are at default except for the speedhack menu. usually the games I play run when the EE and VU are both set to 0 but INTC spin detection, Enable Wait loop detection, MVU flag hack and MTVU are on. all of my plugins are pretty much default, my video plugin is Gsdx 5084 (SSSE3) with a direct x 11 hardware renderer. Yesterday I had the problem of all of my games lagging servilely but after ticking allow 8 bit textures my results became a whole lot better but I am having really bad results with Jak 3. I booted from the DVD but after such poor results I ripped it into an ISO but still received the same conclusion

So far I have managed to play:
Resident Evil 4
Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition
Fahrenheit
Manhunt 2
Shinobido: Way of the ninja

All of which have ran full speed with promising results with next to no problems. a few graphical bugs here and there but nothing that makes the games unplayable. I haven't Experienced lag this bad before with the amount of bugs this has too. The only game that I have not been able to run is metal gear solid 3 snake eater but I am fully aware my hardware will not handle it. but even that runs better than Jak 3

p.s. I love the IT crowd lol.
your CPU won't be up to the task, unfotunately. Jak & Daxter series as well as Ratchet & Clank are real resource hogs.
you'll need around 4-4.5ghz to get good speeds.
(01-30-2012, 12:12 PM)jesalvein Wrote: your CPU won't be up to the task, unfotunately. Jak & Daxter series as well as Ratchet & Clank are real resource hogs.
you'll need around 4-4.5ghz to get good speeds.

wow well that really sucks lol. how many people have a 4-4.5ghz processor? that must need some serious cooling. heh, well I guess I'll just have to find other stuff to play. Thanks anyways
many people do have this clockspeed, since intel released the i-series (quite easy to overclock)