Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
JPCSP....java based PSP EMULATOR!!!!
Hi everyone,

Dont know about you but i just found this emulator

Its a PSP emulator...Still under development

[Image: jpcsp-socom-s.jpg]

About the Emulator:

JPCSP is the first PSP emulator that is written in JAVA. Most people think java is too slow. But Shadow and his team has proven us wrong. The newest Java versions are almost as fast as C which makes it very interesting for emu dev's. Shadow and his team are working day and night with pleasure on the emu, many coders have dedicated to the project. Because it's written in java many young devs find it interesting to learn how the emulator works.

Of course not all games are supported, but it DOES work

Some of the supported games are: SOCOM Fireteam Bravo, Chessmaster, Star Wars Battle Front II, Fired Up, Mercury, GripShift, Breath of Fire III,...etc

Jpcsp v0.4 changes:

-A lot of fixes and improvements to GE engine, resulting in more games that work
-A lot of new stuff to HLE that improves compatibility
-Better sound
-More speed

You can find it here

Its available in x86 and x64 flavors for Windows

Enjoy...Smile
My rig: Malibal P150HM - Core i7-2760QM upto 3.5GHz - 8GB DDR3 @1600MHz - ATI 6990M 2GB GDDR5 - 500GB@7200RPMNinja

Sponsored links

It's been running for over a year now, hardly news Tongue An interesting note: The lead developer, Shadow, was one of the founding members and lead developer of PCSX2 along with Linuzappz Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
the only thing i will play on it is MGS peace walker.
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
Tried Tales of Eternia on it, i could run two separate instances of Shadow of the Colossus on PCSX2 and it would be faster ;p
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
Shadow works on pcsp now, a C-based PSP emulator that, last I heard, gets like 700fps on scenes that jpcsp gets 40fps on. Tongue2
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Oh right, only a single letter difference Wacko
Anyway nataq01 try comparing it to the PCSX2 version after one year of development which would be something like 0.041 which only ran demos at 1 fps Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The latest version was released on 2009-12-23

i dont think thats old....its last year but not OLD!!! Angry
My rig: Malibal P150HM - Core i7-2760QM upto 3.5GHz - 8GB DDR3 @1600MHz - ATI 6990M 2GB GDDR5 - 500GB@7200RPMNinja
They meant emulator was created year ago.
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
yeah. as far as i know it is the only psp emulator in active development.
links please if i am wrong.
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
Both PCSP and JPCSP are still on "active" development as far as I know, both released a new version just around Xmas but I don't really follow those projects to know just how active they are.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64