Jak 2 Freezing/Cant move
Hey guys, When i start to play Jak 2 everything is fine untill i reach a certain point in the game.
It is in Haven Forest when im trying to get one of the artifacts. The game just freezes. I Cannot move jak, but i can move my camera angles.
Thanks

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Intel® Core™ i5-2400s CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz
RAM- 8GB
Operating system- Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
Graphics card-512 MB Radeon HD 6770M
PCSX2 1.0.0
Settings- I have speed hacks on for 50-60 FPS
Im trying to run a Jak II ISO
1st, try disabling all speedhacks.
2nd, try software mode.
Didn't work
Any other suggestions?
Can you please post the emulog.txt ?
Don't know if this is relevant, But it runs fine until i hit a specific part in the game, The Emu log text doesn't change when it freezes.

P.S It doesn't "Freeze" Per say, It stops me from moving/shooting Etc, I can hear the music and the only thing i can move is the camera angle
Perhaps try changing your clamps to full/extra until you get through this problem area. Please note you will have slowdowns during this due to the extra work the cpu has to do..

And just for the heck of it, post the emulog if you do get another freeze... and it must be during the freeze.

Also make sure you are not using any pnach cheats when testing these possible solutions. Pnach cheats sometimes cause lovely side effects such as freezing.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti