Jak 2 and Jak 3
can someone please help me , i read through quite a few forums and did some research on the jak and daxter series. i know that there are minor graphic issues here and there but nothing really serious. i am a newbie that just joined today after following this pcsx2 a long time .

ok so i have jak 2 and jak 3 at home , turned them into iso and played through pcsx , jak 3 plays ok at full speed only minor lag here and there , but i took note that after a while of playing it disappears including the graphic issues , my problem is when it comes to jak 2 , it really lags when you start off playing the game , gets a bit better and just slows really awfully down. Unsure

i have a p4 3.0GH CPU
6gig Ram
amd radeon graphics card with 4gig graphics, lol i not so much a pc person , still new so im not sure what model the graphics card is Wacko

is there any help with this, i used the presets config , tried all of them but its still really slow. i was exspecting jak 3 to be slow since it seems that would of been harder on the pc that jak 2 i thought Wacko Wacko Wacko Blush

Intel® Core(TM2) Quad CPU Q9650 @3.00GHz
6.00 GB RAM
64 - bit Windows 7
ATI Radeon HD 3400 series

RaZiaL Was HeRe Ninja

Sponsored links

I'm quite surprised you get full speed with that CPU...

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
There's no way in hell that the OP has a p4 with 6GB of RAM
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(05-11-2017, 04:36 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: There's no way in hell that the OP has a p4 with 6GB of RAM

P4 meaning Pentium 4 , i think you know that, sorry i am really new to this. uhm what does OP means?i can take a screen snap of my specs for you and Jesalvein il post the contents of the emulog.txt a bit later once i leave work , thank you Smile

6.00 GB RAM
64 - bit Windows 7

RaZiaL Was HeRe Ninja

Well, that would be really unusual.. Is it possible for a pentium 4 pc to use 6GB of ram? Not sure.

Either way though.. you'll be lucky for any demanding game to run well on that. Sorry.
#StopRNG
(05-11-2017, 06:17 PM)dogen Wrote: Well, that would be really unusual.. Is it possible for a pentium 4 pc to use 6GB of ram? Not sure.

Either way though.. you'll be lucky for any demanding game to run well on that. Sorry.

If it's a P4 then it's likely Socket 478, which usually topped out at 2GB of RAM. Also why pair a decent GPU with such an outdated CPU
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
oh yes i have another question , with pcsx2 v0.9.8 i think , kingdom hearts 2 played a bit laggy but on v1.4.0 it played far better ., but with v0.9.8 i can see the picture is way clearer and not so blur or pixalated like on v1.4.0 .

i tried searching via google but they say just enable some speed hacks basically but that does not fix it al all aswell , il be uploading a few screen snaps of that as well a bit later

(05-11-2017, 06:22 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: If it's a P4 then it's likely Socket 478, which usually topped out at 2GB of RAM. Also why pair a decent GPU with such an outdated CPU

i bought this pc by a second hand shop and it was really cheap .

6.00 GB RAM
64 - bit Windows 7

RaZiaL Was HeRe Ninja

(05-11-2017, 06:25 PM)Razial Wrote: oh yes i have another question , with pcsx2 v0.9.8 i think , kingdom hearts 2 played a bit laggy but on v1.4.0 it played far better ., but with v0.9.8 i can see the picture is way clearer and not so blur or pixalated like on v1.4.0 .

i tried searching via google but they say just enable some speed hacks basically but that does not fix it al all aswell , il be uploading a few screen snaps of that as well a bit later

i bought this pc by a second hand shop and it was really cheap .

Maybe this thread will help

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Low-end-P...0-settings

Just make sure you use the emulator version that those settings are supposed to work in.
#StopRNG
(05-11-2017, 06:22 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: If it's a P4 then it's likely Socket 478, which usually topped out at 2GB of RAM. Also why pair a decent GPU with such an outdated CPU

Willamette and Northwood P4 cores were released for S478. Prescott and Cedar Mill P4 cores were released for LGA775.
The P965 chipset for example supports P4 chips and 8 GB of RAM.
Like said above entirely possible with 6gb ram, he could br running a 3ghz p4 ht which gives 2 logical cores at relative high clock speeds but its netburst, would be suprised it can emulate a ps2 running jak 3 at something playable Smile