Jak 3
Not an actual problem. Just low FPS without speedhacks that may be responsible for a black eye problem. What is the best configureation for Jak 3 to get best speed and quality possible ? With or without speedhacks ?

Sponsored links

ur pcsx2 settings? which pcsx2 version u r using? ur pc specs?
From what I've tested, Jak 3 is like the most speedhack-compatible game for the emulator so far. I'm running it with all speedhacks enabled (yeah, even VU cycle steal at full), and the graphics stay exactly the same, but the game is actually playable! Putting VU cycle stealing to full seems to have a huge effect on fps, as well as the other vu hacks (the rest of the options don't have as big of an effect, but still provide some boost).

System specs / emulator info if you don't believe me (Tongue):

- Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 Ghz
- 4 GB RAM
- Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4670 XT 1 GB
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

PCSX2 v1888 public beta, March 2010 plugins package, Direct3D10 hardware mode (Gsdx SSE41 plugin) with internal res set to 1920x1080, SPU2-X plugin with 2x reverb and 5.1 expansion (doesn't matter tho).

Some fps drops in certain areas like the monk temple's main lobby, but for the most part it's fully playable even on my medium spec laptop. Graphics still look bugged at places but I guess that's a given until the emulator advances...it looks decent enough for me though. Some areas like the monk temple volcano and especially cutscenes even display fine without any texture flickering.
Finzy, I have also noticed that but there was a black eye in some scenes. The problem is that I am not sure if without the speedhacks the bugs would not be there. It seems to be a resolution problem at the moment.

By the way what is v1888 public beta ? Is it 0.9.6 Can you provide a link to that and it's plugins ? I am hearing about it a lot and I want to test it. Right now I am using 0.97 and 0.96

As for my pc, it is better than yours E8500 and Nvidia 9800GTX and 8 gigabite of memory. Jack is the only game that needs Speedhacks to become playable since I consider anything less than 30 or 35 to be unplayable. So I guess the bugs are there regardless of speedhacks ? Still good to know.
Yeah the graphics bugs are there regardless of speedhacks, I tried it without speedhacks as well (with horrible results fps-wise Tongue).

The public beta is an earlier version than the 0.97 svn builds as far as I know, but you can download it from here:
http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta

(Be sure to also download the "March 2010" plugins package down below)
If it is an older version Why do you use the public beta then ?
I don't know how / have the patience to compile a svn version (and I hear they don't support all plugins, either). If there was a downloadable svn release somewhere without need for compiling, I'd definitely give it a shot.
(05-05-2010, 04:56 PM)Finzy Wrote: I don't know how / have the patience to compile a svn version (and I hear they don't support all plugins, either). If there was a downloadable svn release somewhere without need for compiling, I'd definitely give it a shot.

Check your PM. By the way how is the public beta that you are using different from 0.96 ? What kind of version is it ?