Jak And Daxter The Lost Frontier isn't working because...
(05-27-2010, 10:10 PM)xXIAeRoIXx Wrote: what is Xpert, and where do i find it? im having problems with The Lost Frontier too. help please! thanks a lot!

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Jak-And-D...5#pid88305

Sponsored links

ok, now i try not to post dump off topic things and have read and re read this topic and it has been really helpful
but theres just one thing, what text editor did you use to open the system.cnf file? tryed with notepad didn't work like
you said so i tryed in wordpad and still nothing.... just wanting ta know thats all. thanks in advance ;D
[Image: naruto657.png]
system.cnf is just text file.
Make sure you open it outside of the disk/image and check if the file have read-only attribute.
Just open your notepad and drag-drop the file info the notepad window.
ok i did that, and it dosn't have the word vmode in it anywhere. windows search won't
even find that VMODE anywhere in the uncompressed image folder. ok i try'ed mounting it in demon
tools just to see what happened and instead of the usual random symbols all it had was:

BOOT2 = cdrom0:\SCUS_975.58;1
VER = 1.00
VMODE = NTSC : and a large amount of space..... should i just delete all that space?

*edit
try'ed copying the file from the mounted image and putting it in the folder and then using bottens 3 and
4 on xpert and didn't work
Which version of pcsx2 are you using...I think this problem was fixed long ago(soon after I report the problem)so you don't need to fix this if you want to play it on pcsx2 and use some of the recent beta versions.

If you want to rebuild the image just do this

First make an image(ISO)using ImgBurn for example.

1.Start Xpert and choose the PS2 CdDvd5/PSP UDM ISO Shrinker
2.Select the ISO and use the buttons above(1 and 2).After clicking on 2,all of the files of the game will be extracted in the same folder as the image.
3.Before clicking on 3,remove the Read-Only attribute of the SYSTEM.CNF and drag-drop the file to Notepad(for example).Press Ctrl+A to select everything and delete it.
4.Paste this into the file and save
Quote:BOOT2 = cdrom0:\SCUS_975.58;1
VER = 1.00
VMODE = NTSC
5.Continue with 3 and 4 and that's all.
ok ok i got it to run!!!!!!!!!!! and all the way to the main menu to! but theres just one tinsy little problem....
as soon as it starts, it goes to the loading screen and crashes. X( so maybe theres a .pnach file for it to run
'cause i know that sometimes having that file is enough to get it to work.
(this game is like the Borg, !-| it are the Borg, you will die of annoyance.)
The last time I tried that game(after rebuilding the image)it worked just fine,without any problems or crashes.
Off-topic question :

Is it as good as the rest of the series?
hmm........ yes it is a very good game in my opinon but then again i haven't gotten it to work yet......
to make it run i used some of my ingunity and thought of coping the IOPRP310 and the SCUS_975.58
from the mounted dvd. then putting those in the folder that xpert created and gave it the new 3 4 to compress
the deal and to my shock it ran BUT then st... well read my previous post. i refuse to give up on this game
NO GAME has gotten the better of me yet and i ain't about to let this one get that XD
Why do you even mount the image,Xpert extract all of the contents from the image and like I told you,you just have to edit that extracted SYSTEM.CNF file and then rebuild the image by using the 3 and 4 buttons.

I can't understand what could you possible do wrong,you are just editing a file with text editor and clicking on 4 buttons.